Indexing gears..Shimano XT RD-T8000-SGS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS, if it goes wrong, we are here. I remember teaching a member here how to index gears, step by step many years ago.

For my sins, I have 10 bikes to keep on the go in our house. OK, my 3 road bikes aren't used now, but I have 5 MTB's to look after - now they take work (cleaning).

MTB's are a nightmare if you don't like cleaning and maintaining - me, I love it. Now got two full suspension MTB's in the household, and they take looking after - expensive rock shox suspension - you have to keep the seals clean. Brakes are all hydraulic, and you pick up how to bleed them, and both are fitted with hydraulic seat posts (they go up and down at a press of a button). Even this 'trickery' fitted to new bikes isn't that hard to work on.

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

10 bikes :smile: I worry enough about one lol.... although I would like a road or gravel bike in the future, not sure if I would keep the hybrid or just swap it...

Well, I have been out today and every gear change was perfect :smile: so no idea why it played up yesterday, unless the slight adjustments, me moving it up and down the ranges a few times or lubricating the derailleur pivots made it work... Happy again now...

A trouble free weekend now done...

Thanks for all the advice and help... I do appreciate it..

Top Bottom