Indoor cycling guilt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A couple of months ago I bought a smart bike (Stages SB20) and progressed my pain cave ready for the winter and have a pretty decent set up (large TV, gaming PC and fan) but it's still summer and I'm preferring to ride indoors rather than jump on one of my outdoor bikes, no cars or weather to bother me. I can also be on the bike in minutes.
Has anyone else experienced this?

I like the turbo in the dark winter months but still like to get out at the weekend even then.
Turbo is ignored from April to October.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
...Just be aware your roadcraft, control skills and racecraft (if you compete) will degrade, but if you're not planning on venturing out again then it doesn't really matter.

I prefer the rain, the potholes, the idiot drivers, because exercising those skills is valuable, but it's not for everyone. Do what you want and don't give a stuff what anyone else think.
^^This. Plus I'm allergic to video games & don't watch TV. Stationery pedalling in front of a screen would explode my brain.

But each to their own.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I keep reading the thread title as Indoor cycling quilt...

It creates a strange image in my mind of a turbo rider with a duvet draped over his/her shoulders. My problem has always been to keep cool on a tt!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Too much pillow talk in this thread.

It's safer to fall asleep on a stationary bike.

Last edited:
Top Bottom