Info needed on this frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robo

Regular
Hi can anybody help with info on this frame The.forks have 2 lugs on the bottom and at the rear more lugs. Has loytard steel rims , mayfac brakes and 5 speed cogs i think 72 cyclon granny gears. It's got an atax stem.
EBAY25THJUNE2012014.jpg
EBAY25THJUNE2012019.jpg
EBAY25THJUNE2012020.jpg
EBAY25THJUNE2012018.jpg
EBAY25THJUNE2012022.jpg
EBAY25THJUNE2012025.jpg
EBAY25THJUNE2012023.jpg
EBAY25THJUNE2012028.jpg

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Pretty sure that's a Peugeot: they certainly used those lugs but I don't know if they were exclusive to them. In another thread on here, someone said that although it is quite a fancy design, it was actually a common lug.

The components you've listed are all French and went out of business in the early/mid-eighties. Having the cable routed over the BB would date it to earlier than that.

Assuming it is a sixties/seventies Peugeot, the BB and headset will both be French standard and it is possible that the seat post is an obscure size, although the seat tube doesn't appear to narrow at the top.
http://cyclespeugeot.com/
This website has some interesting information.

OP
OP
robo

robo

Regular
Yep, your right about the seat post it is an obscure size 23mm? I think this maybe a old touring frame. But how old ??

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
looking at lug i would say somewhere in the 70's . what you going to do with it . the bits you mention are for fitting the fr & rr gaurds and carriers

OP
OP
robo

robo

Regular
Hi all thanks for info, I was going to restore this and a dawes, But as usual i will never get round to it,So i may place on ebay.

John Proch

Bonjour,
This frame is definitely 1960's French. I bet the seat post is a 26.6, 26.4 or 26.0. The frame builder used the T on the head tube as an identifier, so I would say the odds are the frame is a T_ _ _ _ _ ? Go to classicrendezvous (dot) com and you might see the different builders in France and start working from there. Lots of luck and you will find it. Keep pressing on.
Cordialemnt,
John

Top Bottom