Info needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Ok when I am ready I want to go to Otley,just twelve miles away.A latte on a beach then home,what is the covid ruling on visiting said place as part of exercise and wellbeing.Cos I am totally confused.

vickster

Legendary Member
All good if you're cycling there.. driving it's probably taking the mick a little bit for exercise. There's no hard and fast rules, just follow your own moral compass

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
If you don't get out much Postie, let me tell you that rules, guidance, and what many people are actually doing now are different things.

I had to take a train to work in another town last week. The rules are that you wear a mask on public transport and in stations, and yet about 1 in 4 weren't bothering - Nobody was challenging them.
The rules say that road journeys must be essential. There seemingly are a lot of journeys deemed essential. Roads were very, very busy, I saw a lot of essential camper vans, some of them with whole essential families (including kids) in them.
The rules say you can't meet socially for coffee etc at the moment, but when I went for a walk of an evening, parks and public places were full of people sat on benches, having takeaway coffees and chatting.

Long story short, (and without offering a view on the morality of what I observe), I'd say you're worrying unnecessarily and I'm sure that (a) you'll be careful and (b) nobody will bother you.

There's a report out today from the boys in blue and they are in effect saying that they are not going to bother overmuch unless it is a big gathering. Raves, beach, or even bench, parties they will look at but ordinary folk doing ordinary things don't interest them any more.

Edit....
Judging by the number of chain gangs out in the fine weather this weekend cyclists don't seem to care either.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
If you don't get out much Postie, let me tell you that rules, guidance, and what many people are actually doing now are different things.

I had to take a train to work in another town last week. The rules are that you wear a mask on public transport and in stations, and yet about 1 in 4 weren't bothering - Nobody was challenging them.
The rules say that road journeys must be essential. There seemingly are a lot of journeys deemed essential. Roads were very, very busy, I saw a lot of essential camper vans, some of them with whole essential families (including kids) in them.
The rules say you can't meet socially for coffee etc at the moment, but when I went for a walk of an evening, parks and public places were full of people sat on benches, having takeaway coffees and chatting.

Long story short, (and without offering a view on the morality of what I observe), I'd say you're worrying unnecessarily and I'm sure that (a) you'll be careful and (b) nobody will bother you.
Can't argue with any of that. I'm staying home out of the way as long as I can.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
We did the same at the weekend. Cycled 15 or so, got a pasty and drink and sat by the canal (just me and my son so a family group) and cycled home. It felt appropriate. There were LOADS of people out sat by the canal on the grass...again, family groups and well distanced, but I think the bench thing isn't happening overall.

Top Bottom