Informal CC rides South Wales.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Its struck me that while CCers in other parts are enjoying these rides, there have not been many in our part of the world.;) So I thought we might try and get some up and running.

My thoughts;

Possible areas for the first one; The Gower, Brechfa,or any of the towns/villages along the A40. Could be a loop, out/meet/back using your own route and tying it in with other members. Or other.... Dont mind myself where it is, but please bear in mind where people may be comming from.

Type of ride; We dont want to scare anyone off, so its not going to be a chaingang or a training ride. Pace to suit the slowest rider, pub/cafe stop.
Try to make routes as scenic as possible.

Dates; July/ August- up to who ever is interested really.

Who s up for it ? Any thoughts.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Hi there. I'm up for it. Based Swansea/Gower. Happy to suggest Gower rides, and I know a few good routes in Carmarthenshire etc. Can also get to South Pembrokeshire, or anywhere served by train from Swansea. Might be nice to make use of the Heart of Wales line as well...

Date for your diary - Gower Cycling Festival 18-25 Sept. More on that story later!

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Sounds good to me, thought about the Heart of Wales line,could tie in nicely with A40 access and bring some down from the West Midlands and Shropshire. Lovely riding country. All we ve got to do is get some interest now.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Sounds good but am fairly tied up with work and holidays until the end of August.Would be great to meet up with some cc ers.

Could get out for some evening rides if anyone is up for it?I live in Barry so could get to the Gower or Sansea in an hour.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Can't do next week - am on enforced low mileage to recover from an injury in time for the next FNRttC. SHould be fine from the following week...

515mm

Evening ride on Gower is what we (me, Fairweather, Lardyboy and Tall Paul) do one day a week.

Tuesday is usually our day as Bynea CC have their club night on Wed, and they have their evening 10 on Friday, so unless Fairs and Lards can be persuaded, we can probably bring only 3 to the party for Wed/Thurs. Shall ask the chaps...........

theclaud

Openly Marxist
lukesdad said:
I could be in Maidstone that week but would be allright for the Friday night.

Fri 23rd is the FNRttC (Genteel Edition)! But then it's always hopeless trying to find times everyone can make - best thing, I reckon, is to get something regularish going and we all tag along when we can. I would generally favour Weds or Thurs, but am reasonably flexible. Not quite sure I grasp 515's complex schedule, so will keep an eye on this thread and hope to join in, and post invitations here if planning any good rides...

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

How about the weekend then. Either the first or second inAugust Sat, or Sun. Proposed route Llandovery ( meet Castle car park 9 .00 a.m.) Llyn Brianne, Abergwyesyn, Llanwytrd and back via Sugar loaf or Tirabad about 45 miles couple of thousand foot of climbing. Could tag on a extra loop if you want to make it a bit longer. Thoughts........

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
How about the weekend then. Either the first or second inAugust Sat, or Sun. Proposed route Llandovery ( meet Castle car park 9 .00 a.m.) Llyn Brianne, Abergwyesyn, Llanwytrd and back via Sugar loaf or Tirabad about 45 miles couple of thousand foot of climbing. Could tag on a extra loop if you want to make it a bit longer. Thoughts........

Would love to do the route but were away on holiday then. I think your going to struggle to get many together this time of year and wont ever be able to please everyone.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I am up for it either Monday or Thursday evening, working the other nights.

Hey Banjo. I think Lukesdad can't do Monday. We've pencilled in a Gower loop for a midweek evening, to be selected according to the weather forecast on Monday. We could aim to make it the Thursday, if that suits LD?

Sorry about not replying earlier, but have been quite busy over the last couple of days/weeks and as a result haven't been visiting the forum.

I'll be seeing 515 and Fairweather tomorrow and bring the subject up about a the loop. We would normally be out on a Tuesday but the weather was even too inclement for me never mind Fairweather.

Tuesday's or Thursday would be the best days for us TBH, as Wednesdays are club get together evenings and Fridays are club TT nights. Though we could if needed/persuaded, miss the Wednesday night chin wag and coffee.

Top Bottom