Informal CC rides South Wales.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
So... a veritable monsoon this morning. Still, that might bode well - it was exactly the same yesterday and settled into warm stormy showers with lovely sunny intervals. You can't last long in this bit of the world without an optimistic approach to the weather...

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

I ve had a quiet word with the Almighty.........He say Yessss!:biggrin:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I ve had a quiet word with the Almighty.........He say Yessss!:biggrin:

Jolly good. But He's a slippery operator and is unlikely to give away something for nothing. I hope you've not sold us out on the FNRttC in order to buy a dry evening on the Gower. If we're deluged at 3am on Saturday I'll know who to blame...

Hello,

Lukesdad told me about this when I registered a few days ago.
I can't make it over from Llanelli this evening but I hope it goes okay, there was a tree down across the path just south of the Railway Inn on Monday but the council must have cleared it by now.
Hang on, is that thunder I can hear?

Mike

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Hello,

Lukesdad told me about this when I registered a few days ago.
I can't make it over from Llanelli this evening but I hope it goes okay, there was a tree down across the path just south of the Railway Inn on Monday but the council must have cleared it by now.
Hang on, is that thunder I can hear?

Mike

We laugh in the face of thunder, and tweak the noses of monsoons. Thanks for the tree tip-off - that's my probable route home in the dark after a few pints. Hope to see you on another, if we're not struck by lightning this evening...

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Well I thought that went well....... Big thank yo to The Claude for a great route. Not sure about the team time trial after the pub stop mind. :biggrin: :ohmy:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I enjoyed that - thanks, Gentlemen! We got lucky with the weather - when I got back to Mumbles it had obviously been bucketing it down, but had missed us completely. We zigzagged and figure-of-eighted round Gower and got all the hills out of the way before the pub (The Dolphin at Llanrhidian) then had a nice flat run back along the Marsh Road. We even had a rainbow over the marshes at Oxwich :smile:. The announcement that the pub was on the horizon gave Banjo new legs - he was suddenly off like a rocket - and we had couple of welcome pints of Pride and/or Rev James, captured an escaped chicken, and watched the sunset over the Loughor Estuary. All good, and very nice to meet the local(ish) CC crew.

Pictured: 515mm, NotSoLardyboy, me, Lukesdad and Banjo. 515 and LB's pal Stuart accompanied us as far as the boozer, at what for him was obviously an ultra-leisurely pace. Lardyboy's stealth drop-bar Moulton is camouflaged against the hedge, and is apparently invisible to radar...

Attachments

• CC South Wales 1.jpg
    CC South Wales 1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 125
  • CC South Wales 2.jpg
    CC South Wales 2.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 135

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Really enjoyable ride great to meet some of the local cyclechatters.
Had a bit of a shock driving home on the M4 A car passed me going West in the fast lane of the east bound carriageway :ohmy: Hopefully didnt end in a disaster,I phoned the oldbill and immediately the matrix signs flashed up a 30mph limit which eveyone bar me ignored as usual.

Apart from that a great ride and pleasant pub stop.Our multi talented ride leader "the Claude"even managed a chicken rescue operation :smile:.

looking forward to the next one.

A really nice evening jaunt around the Gower with fellow Chatters.

Big "diolch" to The Claude for sorting out the route, acting as guide and ensuring that everyone was suitably thirsty by the time we got to Llanrhidian and the Dolphin. I'll get a round in next time, I promise! :thumbsup:

What were you thinking Banjo when that idiot went passed I can only imagine? There hasn't been anything on the local news about it anyway.

It was nice to meet a fellow cyclist in Lukesdad who also has a slightly relaxed attitude to bike cleanliness. :whistle:

Cheers guys, hope it's not too long before we do it all again.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Morning Lardy bit of a shock seeing an oncoming car, I googled it but couldnt find any reports so hopefully ended safely. What was a bit worrying was the dozens of google hits with similar stories which ended in disaster, The first google hit read 3 dead after man drove wrong way on M4 at Port Talbot .My blood chilled a bit until I realized it was an archived news story from years ago.

One question what make is your back light? It was impressive as I followed you along the coast road back to Gowerton.515 did tell me but I cant remember now.

Morning Lardy bit of a shock seeing an oncoming car, I googled it but couldnt find any reports so hopefully ended safely. What was a bit worrying was the dozens of google hits with similar stories which ended in disaster, The first google hit read 3 dead after man drove wrong way on M4 at Port Talbot .My blood chilled a bit until I realized it was an archived news story from years ago.

One question what make is your back light? It was impressive as I followed you along the coast road back to Gowerton.515 did tell me but I cant remember now.

I can remember that incident quite well Banjo and another one not long after in Newport. It does heighten the senses when you're on the M4!

The back light is a BBB one. Can't remember the model, but it's got a 1 watt l.e.d. There are numerous ones available with those available, Smart do one, Blackburn, RSP, etc etc. Have a look in Ribble or Chain Reaction so you can see whats available on offer at the moment. Got mine at the local LBS with 25% off! :smile:

Top Bottom