Informal CC rides South Wales.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking forward to it and the weather is looking promising http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?day=7&zipcode=SA33
I did 29 miles today so feeling more confident too. Got a niggle with the knee ( running related ) so long as its ok shall definitely be there

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Looking forward to it and the weather is looking promising http://www.metcheck....=7&zipcode=SA33
I did 29 miles today so feeling more confident too. Got a niggle with the knee ( running related ) so long as its ok shall definitely be there

I will be there and not working Saturday night now so not under any pressures to be back for work.Will be taking the camera .I havent ridden that bit of Wales before so looking forward to it.Fingers crossed for the weather.

No way I can get there, due to work. Ah well, enjoy the ride, the weather's picking up by then as far as I know. Give my regards to the Staircase .

Banjo

See you tommorow (Saturday) 10 am llandovery carpark. Looking forward to it and weather should be kind to us. :thumbsup:

Banjo

Hope you all have a great day the weather looks perfect

Was a great ride. Scenery is unbelievable though you have a few small hills to get up to enjoy it :biggrin: .
Turned out to be just lukesdad and myself, probably a mistake doing it on a bankholiday weekend when lots of people have other commitments.

We did about 40 miles North from Llandovery up the side of Llyn Brianne then across to Abergwesyn and Llanwrtyd then back down to llandovery. Some great roads, most of the hills not too steep (with the exception of Devils Staircase which I think is steeper than the advertised 25% ,I havent had to walk up a hill for a while now )or long and some brilliant twisty descents. Hardly saw a car .

Nice one lukes dad. I enjoyed it lots :thumbsup:

LlynBrianneCycleride006.jpg

LlynBrianneCycleride007.jpg

LlynBrianneCycleride010.jpg

LlynBrianneCycleride017.jpg

LlynBrianneCycleride015.jpg

LlynBrianneCycleride019.jpg

LlynBrianneCycleride005.jpg

Some nice pics Banjo and as you say they look loverly and quiet. I see you stopped for a nice cuppa too that looks a nice stop

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Lovely ride today,good weather (despite the headwind seemingly all the way round :biggrin: ) . Despite there only being the 2 of us the scenery dominated the ride and most of our conversation (no matter how many pictures we took they can never do this one justice) although other subjects were also covered in great depth. Mutterings and plans being hatched for the next one, equally beautiful but further east.If that one comes off Banjo should be another classic.

You don t descend the Devils staircase... you negociate it, forgot how awsome those hairpins are. 2 tea stops, but we thought we were a little underdressed for the white linen table cloths at Llanwytrd so we crossed the road and had our tea in a shop that seemed to sell everything. Very quiet for a bank holliday weekend I thought. The descent of sugar loaf was interesting into a full westerly ( more haipins,well sort off) After leaving Banjo at Llandovery I went home via Brechfa forest. The chain held out but I think ill need to put a measure on it tomorrow 130 miles for the day, although the 40 odd around Llyn Brianne certainly surpassed the rest, Im sure that must have had something to do with the company..The Uberman from Barry. Cheers mate thourghly enjoyed it too. Looking forward to the next one.

Banjo

Next CC Wales ride is pencilled in for Saturday 9th October. Starting at Chepstow 10 AM route still to be finalized. Will be doing a recce ASAP so watch this space. Riders from the dark side of the Severn Bridge more than welcome to come across and join us :thumbsup:

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Next CC Wales ride is pencilled in for Saturday 9th October. Starting at Chepstow 10 AM route still to be finalized. Will be doing a recce ASAP so watch this space. Riders from the dark side of the Severn Bridge more than welcome to come across and join us :thumbsup:
Sounds good to me, the more the Merrier :biggrin:

theclaud

Openly Marxist

Nice pics Banjo. I've put the next one in my diary.

Top Bottom