Information on my bike please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hertsdigger

Regular
Hello all I've been using my bike a Humber beeston clubman for a while now it was my grandfathers who brought it in 1949/50 it's pretty much original apart from having a seven speed gears fitted, the paint is original gold colour all in all its a great bike. I'm looking for advice on restoration, or sale of the bike. Iv seen a few go for several hundred pounds before but I'm unsure on what I should sell or accept for the bike, should I restore the bike or leave it as it is, considering the age and usage the bike has had I'd say it was in pretty good condition and she's still a beauty to ride after all these years. Anyone can advise me that would be much appreciated
Thanks for looking.
Michael.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
There is one for sale on eBay right know, the buyer wants £550 or offers.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=222373625741&globalID=EBAY-GB
Can you post a picture?

OP
OP
Hertsdigger

Hertsdigger

Regular
Thanks for all the replies. I don't use it as much as I once did as my son prefer to ride on muddy fields rather then roads, obviously the Humber isn't to great on a muddy field. So I thought I'd sell it hopefully to someone who can appreciate the old girl. I'll upload some photos tomorrow as she's in the shed atm.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Its not practical for me anymore as our son likes riding on muddy fields etc. I like the idea of leaving it as it is but wasn't sure if there was a market for bikes like mine.

yes there is a market for your bike

OP
OP
Hertsdigger

Hertsdigger

Regular
Love to see a PIC @Hertsdigger .
IMG_20170114_114445.jpg

mikeymustard

Veteran
That's a lovely machine; since it was your grandad's I think you should think very hard before you sell it, I guarantee you will regret it later.
If you absolutely must sell it, you probably won't gain much if anything from restoring it, so other than a derust and polish, let the buyer choose whether to restore or not

OP
OP
Hertsdigger

Hertsdigger

Regular
That's a lovely machine; since it was your grandad's I think you should think very hard before you sell it, I guarantee you will regret it later.
If you absolutely must sell it, you probably won't gain much if anything from restoring it, so other than a derust and polish, let the buyer choose whether to restore or not

I just don't use it anymore and has sat in the shed for 18 months . and the Mrs is moaning about the shed being full of junk, It would be nice if I could sell it to someone who will appreciate the bike, what kind of price would you suggest I try and get for it?

Top Bottom