Inhaled a fly - Will I be OK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
I was going to say you should be OK unless it had been too close to a mobile mast ;)

That's nothing, we get the ones that have hatched near Hinkley Point

Edwards80

Über Member
It won't have made it very close to your lungs. If it is lodged anywhere you will cough it up in tiny bits and it won't do any harm.

Unfortunately I know this from an experience at junior school where I inhaled (see .Snorted) a small triangle of card up my nose and lost it, a coughing fit followed but I could "feel" it was still there. I was sent to A&E and after disapproving looks and the above explanation from the Doctor, sympathy from my mum and lots of laughter from my dad. I was fine.

I had a strange scratchy feeling deep in my chest for a day or two. I have never inserted anything into any orifice ever since *proud*

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Feel OK apart from a bit of mild discomfort between my shoulder blades and a feeling of having something stuck in my throat.

Yer big girls blouse. Just be careful if you feel lots of wriggling, then a million maggots burst out of your chest, 'Alien' style, then call NHS Direct ! :wacko:

The body is quite good at dealing with crap. :thumbsup:

Nihal

Veteran
Not swallowed a fly for a bit, but got hit on the nose by one this morning, bloomin stung I know that much, massive it was :B)
Even the flies are hard up here :boxing:
You ummm..got HIT by a FLY:rofl:
If you start growing dark black hairs and find you can climb walls and are super strong.....make sure you use your powers for evil!
Beat me to it

benb

Evidence based cyclist
If you start mutating into this, then please stay away from me.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxYkYAgTYGa2q1-VrWO-HEDMBm2ETsToKI7CPE-9pdeaGUWsBFxg.jpg

gavgav

Guru
My mate did the same thing yesterday on our ride, but he managed to cough and sputter enough to fetch it back up!! Having done it before myself, all you have to worry about is a very nasty taste. There were a number of insects bouncing off the helmet during our descents at 20mph and they don't half make a noise as they do!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have swallowed numerous flies in the past, and I know these will not cause any harm
However, to day I am pretty sure that I inhaled one. I had an immediate coughing fit that went on for 15 minutes or so. But I never saw the fly in anything I coughed up.
Could it get into my lungs / trachea? If so, will it cause any harm?
are you still alive if so you will be ok , because if not you would be dead

Top Bottom