Initial Impressions of Gore Tex Oxygen 2.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhythMick

Über Member
I just picked up one of these ...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gore-bike-w...F2Q1yOL9_dt|pcrid||pkw||pmt||prd|5360659538uk

This morning's 16 mile commute started out quite cold (5 degrees) and I wanted to start out with a jacket, though there was no chance of rain. I have no doubt whatsoever of the jacket's ability as a rain shield - I wanted to see what happens when I get hot and keep it on. I'm 15st 5 (down from 15 10) and my commute starts with a Cat 4 climb - guaranteed to get VERY hot quickly. One thing I want from this jacket is to not feel like I have to take it straight off as soon as the rain stops.

Happy to report I'm REALLY impressed. Ok I should be for £172, but it did live up to expectations. The venting is really well thought out - long zips on the sleeves and back mean you can get air flowing through it as you need it. I got hot, but never overheated, never felt sweat dripping down my arms, never felt the urge to stop and take the jacket off. I wore it all the way in to work and quickly forgot it was there. Excellent.

It's a lot of money, but it's a quality jacket.

nappadang

Über Member
Thanks for that, really good hands on review.

Top Bottom