Instant mash ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom...

Veteran
xx(

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Screenshot_20220907-144553~2.png

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Smash is hideous stuff. Used to be able to get some French instimash here and it was wonderful, couldn't tell it from real mash. BTW any french food products are usually top quality and taste great as they won't eat rubbish, unlike us Brits who'll eat anything :becool:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Smash is hideous stuff. Used to be able to get some French instimash here and it was wonderful, couldn't tell it from real mash. BTW any french food products are usually top quality and taste great as they won't eat rubbish, unlike us Brits who'll eat anything :becool:

Waaay back when I was working on of my colleagues had a place in France and would bring me back some really nice wine. He had some " Knorr " packet soup, I believe it might have been onion soup. It was interesting to see how the ingredients varied between what was sold in the UK shops and the shops in France. The French packets had a fair amount of onion, herbs, spices etc, the UK ones was mainly potato starch. I can vaguely remember Knorr being challenged about this and responded with something along the lines of the difference being down to the preferences of different markets.

The best mash is made from the potatoes that roll off the trailers and bounce into the grass verge ready for this cyclist to pick up and fill her pannier bag full. :blush:

Poach the potatoes with a clove of garlic till very soft, drain, add a splooshette of milk, a dollop of butter, pepper, nutmeg and then mash. And after, stir in oodles of grated cheese.

Food of the Goddess! :hungry:

Top Bottom