Insurance companies for a bike that's not mine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
steven1988

steven1988

Veteran
Thanks again I'll ring about tomorrow and hopefully get it sorted. I wouldn' be that bothered if it was a throw away bike it' not something I can afford to pay out for again if i had too.

Will Leedham

Regular
Hi Steven, I work for Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance (so obvious bias) but our bicycle policy is set up for this. You can insure the bike under your name, and as your son is a member of your family, it is covered while he is riding/racing it. I won't paste a link but if you Google Yellow Jersey you'll find us :smile:. Will

Ajax Bay

Guru
It is an expensive bike,£1250 new, . . .I'd like to get away from home cover just incase
Off topic - I shudder to think how expensive his next bike might be next year, when he's grown? You are setting paternal support standards high, early.
It's more likely that the insurance firms don't want to insure it.
This.
If you need insurance, the best way is probably to change your household insurance to a better firm.
This. But Will (above) has offered an alternative. Another alternative, if you can afford a £1250 bike for a 9 year old, is to 'self-insure'.

OP
OP
steven1988

steven1988

Veteran
Off topic - I shudder to think how expensive his next bike might be next year, when he's grown? You are setting paternal support standards high, early.

This.

This. But Will (above) has offered an alternative. Another alternative, if you can afford a £1250 bike for a 9 year old, is to 'self-insure'.

Just to put it into context it' nott something I can easily afford, it was bought out of my redundancy payment on leaving my last job.

OP
OP
steven1988

steven1988

Veteran
Islabike?

Here' the offending article. It's a custom built Scatto Jcross 26. Aluminium frameset with Carbon steerer handlebars seatpost and saddle. Box one groupset with an 11-46t cassette twinned with super short 135mm Cranks and a Mavic wheel set
received_10155181786927917.jpeg

Top Bottom