Insurance required for cycle lane use

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Try demanding the reference under the freedom of information act. They cant refuse without breaking the law .(And that one is a real law ^_^ )

How did they inform you initially that U did require insurance?

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Try demanding the reference under the freedom of information act. They cant refuse without breaking the law .(And that one is a real law ^_^ )

How did they inform you initially that U did require insurance?

That last part is the part I can't understand & they will not elaborate. But they have said that they got in touch with me due to a phonecall I never made. Later that became in response to a letter sent to a different department, over five years ago, which made no reference to cycle lane insurance or cycle lanes for that matter.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
That last part is the part I can't understand & they will not elaborate. But they have said that they got in touch with me due to a phonecall I never made. Later that became in response to a letter sent to a different department, over five years ago, which made no reference to cycle lane insurance or cycle lanes for that matter.

Are you sure its from the council? Not a phishing scam?

Have you gone through the Council's official website and double checked the email/contact is valid?

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Are you sure its from the council? Not a phishing scam?

Have you gone through the Council's official website and double checked the email/contact is valid?

If its a phising scam & that thought did cross my mind as well at first, it would mean that the local council have lost sensitive private documentation. Coming up to the elections that could be dangerous for some.

E-mail footer is the standard council one & they have named people I have spoken to within the council. Although they did have another number listed as being the one I gave in the phonecall that I didn't make. So from that not very conclusive evidence, I'd say it was the council.

Try the other angle......

Ask them to confirm that cycle insurance is NOT necessary. They will have to say it is not or give you in writing what you need to take matters further

Top Bottom