Integrated seat posts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Über Member
Looking at buying a second hand tt bike. It has an integrated seat post with some room for movement (adjustment of saddle I guess?) which means the distance from BB to saddle varies from 780 to 830 mm or so. My current bikes (road n cx) both measure about 750mm when compared. As this other bike seems to be too long in the seat post area (all other dimensions seem fine and original owner is same height as me) can anyone tell me is it possible to remove and replace something described as an "Integrated seatpost"?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
You could get a spare one (my son has 3 for his Cervelo S3 as he's grown) or cut the current one to size, once you've worked out the appropriate drop.

But basically it'll be a special shape seatpost for that make/model.

OP
OP
grellboy

grellboy

Über Member
This might be another silly question but if the seat post is too long, then that means surely that room remains within it to be cut shorter to fit me....doesn't it?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
This might be another silly question but if the seat post is too long, then that means surely that room remains within it to be cut shorter to fit me....doesn't it?
Yes you can cut it down to suit . But i'm wondering if the terminology is correct ? Adjustable from the saddle means the seat post is part of the frame .
Can the seat post be removed from the bike ?

OP
OP
grellboy

grellboy

Über Member
I honestly don't know. What I mean is, I don't know how "integrated" an integrated saddle is!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I honestly don't know. What I mean is, I don't know how "integrated" an integrated saddle is!
This one is saddle adjustable only
2014_Giant_Propel_Advanced_SL_3.jpg

This one should have loads of room down to the arch of the rear wheel .

giant-propel-advanced-pro-2-2017_38503.jpg

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ok I think I see the difference. This is the bike I am thinking of buying. Ignoring the bike stand clamp, can you see whether this is the same as the first example (boo!) or the second (yay!)? View attachment 410598
I dont know the bike but it looks like the seat post is adjustable just under the stand clamp in that picture and the mount for the saddle confirms that . Why not ask the seller if the seat post is removable ?

OP
OP
grellboy

grellboy

Über Member
I dont know the bike but it looks like the seat post is adjustable just under the stand clamp in that picture and the mount for the saddle confirms that . Why not ask the seller if the seat post is removable ?
Will do. Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom