Interesting cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

heliphil

Guru
there was a guy with something similar on the cyclepaths round my way - not seen him for months but he did ride it around for several years ( always had his face covered up even in the summer!)

Drago

Legendary Member
There was a chap who had something similar, went an enormous effort to get it road registered and legal. He did have a blog, but I can't find it now.

Globalti

Legendary Member
There are so few Police on duty nowadays that you'd have to be very unlucky to be spotted by one, and even more unlucky to be spotted by one who could be bothered to stop you and try to unravel the legalities.

Remember that guy who shoehorned a jet engine into a Beetle? There's a funny picture on his website of a State Trooper actually scratching his head while wondering what law was being broken, while the engineer and and his pals look on with amusement. It worked pretty well except that the air intake just behind the front seats kept sucking the plastic flower out of the holder on the dashboard.

tom73

Guru
We've one round here seen him a few times. True what they say never a bobby when you want one.
Just hope he's not on the road at some time as me Ive enough knobs on boxers to worry about near mind a knob on that thing.
Few weeks ago a different one was in town chained to the bike rack in full view. :rolleyes: Told a nearby PCSO about it she thought it was an ebike :wacko:
When I pointed out it's clearly not she looked and said oh yes it's got a tank your right then quote "I will have word with him"
Walked away thinking it want's the van to come round never mind a word. :banghead:

Reactions: C R

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A scally turned up on one of those at the Tameside Cycling Festival the other week. I was rather wary when queuing for a coffee and there was over £15k worth of MTB's where he was hanging about. Kept my eye on him.

We did joke I wouldn't want to be on a heap that could do 35mph - the brakes were crap.

Saw something similar at the weekend, I thought it was a motorbike at first. Kid usually ride their non road legal motocross bikes along the Nene cycle path so I wasn't surprised by the noise, when I did turn around as it was strangely still behind me I was a bit surprised to see it :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 26715

Wonder just how many traffic laws you could get charged with if caught on a public road with it?
For producing a blank white space on a forum, no many I wouldn't have thought, just remember not all of us have access to Fecesbook so can't see anything

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
very popular in the med and Bulgaria, where nobody cares. ^_^

OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
Phaeton , thought the picture would come on CC, hope this shows it? Some one has went to a lot of time and expense to convert an old MTB by fitting a petrol engine. My thoughts are Construction and use regulations, Insurance, vehicle excise duty, , driving licence, mot , Maybe motorcycle helmet, goodness knows what else if involved in an accident?

Attachments

• Desert.jpg
    Desert.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 10

Skanker

Thought someone had gone to a lot of time with the one on facebook but yours puts it to shame. Whats it like to use, how does it compare to an electric bike? Is it legal? Thats some back wheel you have i am sure that alone cost hundreds? Did you buy it as is or build it yourself?
It’s scary as hell to use. 33cc Sachs engine built into an oversized 26 inch dish shaped wheel, old school size that only takes skinny tires. Not road legal, and no good off road either with those tires, but wheel was free from a pal so had to put it on a frame, the child in me made me do it!

Top Bottom