Interesting job opportunity.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got the "enthusiasm for travelling internationally" might have to work on the rest. Do I get the job?

"..........international country........."

Perhaps they should be advertising for a new copywriter as well......

Actually that is the hallmark of copywriting - loading word and sentences over and beyond to make it exciting. Note the word international appearing all over.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I would have thought that most people, capable of filling the advertised position, would have understood the 'international' aspect of it after reading the header.
I'm still trying to understand the concept of an 'international country'; is it one that travels abroad? LOL

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
An international country is, as you suggest, one that travels abroad. Perhaps Russia with its little trip to Crimea would qualify ?

Want to be a manager of покачивание anyone ? :-)

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I can speak Devon, Brummie and Black Country (various dialects of each) - that must be worth something?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
So you must be able to speak Japanese, that will eliminate many. Luckily English is the business language of Europe but they don't seem to be aware of that. With a background in commerce and sports too they may wait a long time.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I can speak Devon, Brummie and Black Country (various dialects of each) - that must be worth something?

Hey, me too, and I have actually had to translate! My parents came up here to visit from deepest Devon and my so my dad and I went to the pub. He offered to buy the first beers ( he really can't get over the low prices up here), so I find some where to sit down and wait. Ten minutes later he isn't back. The place isn't that busy so I assume he must have gone to the loo.

Five minutes more and I go looking of him. He is still at the bar talking to a very flustered bar maid who keeps saying, "I'm sorry, I don't speak Polish just point at at what you want."

I was able to say he wants two pints of your finest ale and a packet of pork scratchings please.

I think she thought I was taking the Micky when I said he was British.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So you must be able to speak Japanese, that will eliminate many. Luckily English is the business language of Europe but they don't seem to be aware of that. With a background in commerce and sports too they may wait a long time.
There's an old saying in business: "You can buy in English but if you want to sell you had better be able to speak the local's language". So if you are going to have P&L responsibility for Sweden you'd better be able to speak good Swedish. The broader issue is they want someone who understands the business culture so you probably need an expat for that. For Japan that would be essential

Top Bottom