Interesting pot hole saga ahead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
And despite todays awful weather the carncil have been out and repaired the hole. The repair will cost them the same whether they did it when first reported or tomorrow, the difference now being they're going to have to pay a wheelbarrow full of compo. I'm just staggered at the shortsightedness of it all.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I gave pretty accurate dimensions in my report, and they felt it was important enough to slap some paint around. Its the actual repair part that they can't seem to get round to.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I gave pretty accurate dimensions in my report, and they felt it was important enough to slap some paint around. Its the actual repair part that they can't seem to get round to.
From the local facebook council accountability group (gosh I'm on some fun facebook groups :laugh:), there seems to be an increasing trend for councils not to trust reporter-submitted details (through any method) and send their own officers out to take their own measurements and photos. The most outrageous two examples I can think of are a 100mm x 2m crack which took them 2 years to repair and a 6m x 3m crater which they initially responded as something like "our officer visited the site and could not find the problem"!

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Does the council use a PFI contractor? If this is the case then the service will depend on the competency of the person signing it it.

Often the contractor will pay a penalty if a pothole is not fixed within x days (and it is highlighted). Of course the council, as the responsible authority, are left with any compensation claims.

That said Skanska have the contract around here and they seem to be fairly efficient.

subaqua

What’s the point
Does the council use a PFI contractor? If this is the case then the service will depend on the competency of the person signing it it.

Often the contractor will pay a penalty if a pothole is not fixed within x days (and it is highlighted). Of course the council, as the responsible authority, are left with any compensation claims.

That said Skanska have the contract around here and they seem to be fairly efficient.
They are indeed and use the proper bike signage when closing lanes ..... I have no idea why ;)

Reactions: mjr

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
London borough Waltham Forest won't accept from fix my street . You have to use the sh1t council website designed by a 2 year old
Was that before he was elected as President of the USA?

classic33

Leg End Member
Two ways you can consider:
Wait until the "Rhino Patch" comes out, pick it up and drop it off at the local council offices.(Lying at the side of the road since the Friday, taken in on the Monday)
Make a complete list of all the holes/defects along your route. Each numbered and location shown on a map. Much better than reporting each on its own.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
[QUOTE 4805578, member: 45"]Well they need to be given enough money to properly resurface then. But we don't want to.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I don't completely blame the council, although they do need to take some responsibility.

Dan B

Disengaged member
London borough Waltham Forest won't accept from fix my street . You have to use the sh1t council website designed by a 2 year old
Hmm. I find that strange because they do accept fixmystreet reports for fly tipping (at least, they did both times I've tried it)

If only they had some workable system for reporting missed bin collections

Top Bottom