Internal cable routing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goody

Veteran
I'm looking at a secondhand frame that has internal cabling. It was previously used with Di2 but I'd use mechanical. Should it come with different fittings for the cable ends? It's a Rose Xeon. Cheers.

I'm looking at a secondhand frame that has internal cabling. It was previously used with Di2 but I'd use mechanical. Should it come with different fittings for the cable ends? It's a Rose Xeon. Cheers.
Yes. Especially if the internal cabling is naked inner only suspended between two tension points. If the outer also goes through, it is simply a matter of better fitting grommets.

Is it worth contacting Rose?dunno how helpful they would be but if it has an internal outer kit(if you see what I mean) they me be able to supply you with one.
My Ridley had to kits,one for mechanical and one for electronic(both Jagwire branded).

Oh is the bb fitted? If so it might be a pain threading the cables,don't ask me how I know this:rolleyes:.If it has it might be easier to get an LBS to remove it if it's a press-fit type and then re-fit after the cables are in.

Top Bottom