ipad release delayed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
ur joking the apple fan boys will be their in their droves :smile: if you were to read some of the other techie forums there are alot of must haves out there.

twowheelsgood

Colleague just brought one back from the US. Fun to use and really very quick in the apps I was using compared to touch and iphone. The rotation lock is really useful I found this really annoying sometimes on the touch.

I still won't be buying one though. Problem is I still need the flexibility and function of my netbook and this just becomes another gadget that duplicates some of what I can do already at twice the cost. As I first feared, the biggest problem is that it's just not that comfortable to hold for any length of time and is difficult to prop against anthing compared to the convenient angled stand that is the lid of netbook.

Like all Apple products, it boils down to whether the different user experience is worth the money and whether you are prepared tolerate the level of control Apple insist on.

Carwash

Señor Member
My brother has one, and I tried it out last weekend. The UI and experience is indeed *lovely*. Just gorgeous. But I won't be getting one - it doesn't do (or easily do) any of the things I'd want it to do. Maybe when the 3rd or 4th gen comes out. :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Melvil

twowheelsgood said:
Colleague just brought one back from the US. Fun to use and really very quick in the apps I was using compared to touch and iphone. The rotation lock is really useful I found this really annoying sometimes on the touch.

I still won't be buying one though. Problem is I still need the flexibility and function of my netbook and this just becomes another gadget that duplicates some of what I can do already at twice the cost. As I first feared, the biggest problem is that it's just not that comfortable to hold for any length of time and is difficult to prop against anthing compared to the convenient angled stand that is the lid of netbook.

Like all Apple products, it boils down to whether the different user experience is worth the money and whether you are prepared tolerate the level of control Apple insist on.

I too feared that it would become uncomfortable to hold for any length of time, however, I expect it's not long before an enterprising third party makes a little clip on stand that unfolds so it can stand unaided...

adds21

Rider of bikes
Melvil said:
I too feared that it would become uncomfortable to hold for any length of time, however, I expect it's not long before an enterprising third party makes a little clip on stand that unfolds so it can stand unaided...

Like this?

Sent from my iPad...

twowheelsgood said:
the biggest problem is that it's just not that comfortable to hold for any length of time

good point, never thought about that. so what's the point of it? you can't fit it in your pocket, you can't use it as a laptop and open the screen up to watch so you have to do some jiggery-pokery to prop it up. ridiculous.

i admit to having an ipod classic 160GB to store all my music and i love it. but with regards to the ipad, apple = self-gratification artists.

mangaman

I've just spent a dispiriting hour or so after a tennis training group , listening to a lot of Apple enthusiasts itching for the new new i-phone. (admittedly none had been stupid enough to buy an i-pad)

Do we need a new i-phone - no we do not. :biggrin:

Top Bottom