iPad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm interested that you use it for posting on here though, particularly long posts as that's the one thing I find it a bit clunky for (I'm typing this on the lappy). Do you use Tapatalk or similar, and which keyboard do you use? One of the things I find most difficult is having to place the cursor by tapping the appropriate place on the screen - dunno if it's my fat fingers but I find that a bit hit and miss. I also find there is a quite a lag with the typing, but it only seems to be when posting on here. Do you get that or has Opera sorted that out?

Also interested that you have changed browser, I may give that a go, but will probably wait and see what Ice Cream Sandwich brings, which is due sometime between now and end of August for the 8.9.
I'm on my laptop now because I've been watching the cycling on Eurosport Player.

Yes, doing a lot of typing on the Tab is clunky compared to using a real keyboard. I do not set out to do a lot typing on the Tab but sometimes it is quicker than booting up the desktop or laptop.

I don't use Tapatalk. I have installed Switkey 3 Tablet edition but my free trial has elapsed so it has switched off some of its features like predictive text. Like you, I am waiting to see what happens with the ICS update before deciding what to do about keyboards. I was toying with the idea of buying a Bluetooth keyboard.

I use the Samsung stylus which makes it easier to control where I am tapping the screen, and also greatly reduces greasy marks on the screen!

Berties

Fast and careful!
Fair enough as you say it is your choice, but as I work in the IT industry and spend a lot of my time answering computer questions people ask me I can't help but point out that the shinney outer skin people go on about is just a few quids worth of plastic and does not justify the price.

I prefer to concentrate on what is inside and when you do that you realise that there is not much difference between their products and others costing a lot less, also now that they have made their latest products unfixable and removed the green certification from all their products I can't see how the price can be justified.

Sent from my portable telephone

I know the ups and downs ,I have a computer expert on site 6 days a week,my pro out strips any lap top i have used my sons have top of the range dells as my collegue is a dell partner,horses for courses my friend,it's like the bike you want,if it makes you feel good you are half way there ,I can't wait or iPhone 5 when as the pundents say I can run down the giggling like a child thrusting hold of my trusty shiny acquisition ,and no one is going to convince me different

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I know the ups and downs ,I have a computer expert on site 6 days a week,my pro out strips any lap top i have used my sons have top of the range dells as my collegue is a dell partner,horses for courses my friend,it's like the bike you want,if it makes you feel good you are half way there ,I can't wait or iPhone 5 when as the pundents say I can run down the giggling like a child thrusting hold of my trusty shiny acquisition ,and no one is going to convince me different

I have a computer expert on site 7 days a week ME :biggrin:

phil_hg_uk

I'm on my laptop now because I've been watching the cycling on Eurosport Player.

Yes, doing a lot of typing on the Tab is clunky compared to using a real keyboard. I do not set out to do a lot typing on the Tab but sometimes it is quicker than booting up the desktop or laptop.

I don't use Tapatalk. I have installed Switkey 3 Tablet edition but my free trial has elapsed so it has switched off some of its features like predictive text. Like you, I am waiting to see what happens with the ICS update before deciding what to do about keyboards. I was toying with the idea of buying a Bluetooth keyboard.

I use the Samsung stylus which makes it easier to control where I am tapping the screen, and also greatly reduces greasy marks on the screen!

You know that SwiftKey 3 works ok with ICS don't you Colin?

phil_hg_uk

Another £2.99 bites the dust ...! :thumbsup:

Oh I forgot to mention there is a tablet specific version available.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hmm - my tip for fixing my Google search 'back button' problem only worked for one day! For some reason, the problem has now resurfaced, even though 'Instant' is still turned off.

More research required, unless one of you can tell me how to fix the problem. (In fact, could those of you with a Galaxy Tab tell me whether you have the same problem?)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Wondering whether to get one myself. I've got my 2005 eMac back up and running fine but it's getting tricky to update stuff so it's cranky with some web content. Plus it's a bit inconvenient if I want mobile internet- it must weigh nearly 50 kg, and the fan is as loud as one of those stupid Dyson hand-dryers.

I never did get Myself one, but Ms. P just bought me one! At the moment I'm a bit rubbish with it. First post using it.

Top Bottom