iPad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
That's the problem. You have to wait for HTC to roll out the updates. They won't do it for older phones. It makes all the stuff about using a "free" platform seem a bit ridiculous. Especially if your provider cripples your phone with it s own crapware, like happens with most tied contacts.

HTC released a list a few days ago and the following phones will be getting the update

DROID Incredible 2 by HTC

HTC Amaze 4G

HTC Desire S

HTC Desire HD

HTC EVO 3D

HTC EVO Design 4G

HTC Incredible S

HTC Sensation

HTC Sensation XL

HTC Sensation 4G

HTC Sensation XE

HTC Raider

HTC Rezound

HTC Rhyme

HTC Thunderbolt

HTC Vivid

I would imagine it will take quite a while to roll out across them all, but that is understandable given the number of handsets, different models and carriers involved.

phil_hg_uk

A world of pain is about to be started. I love HTC phones, but their support is (unpronounceable).

I know what you mean but to be fair I find with a lot of these large companies it is a lottery with the after sales support it just depends if you get to speak to the one person who knows what they are talking about. I cant say i use those services i am more of a i will root out the problem and fix it myself type of person.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Although there seems to be a problem with 2.3.5 it seems google have made it possible for carriers to disable mobile tethering / portable hotspots as I notice on mine I can connect to the phone but from my tablet but it is not routing to the internet so I will have to have chat with my provider tomorrow. I assume they have done this to help promote these MiFi devices that have appeared after all who would buy one of those if you can just tether your tablet to your phone for free.

If you boggle your Paganini with the backflap on your 2B slapstick, using the parallel A4 diddly-squat terram-fibre sherry connection from your 15 amp base pelican interface, you should be able to re-cobble your toasties quite easily. If that doesn't work, try the defam ohm-cage again.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I'd like to stay ohm for a day....

phil_hg_uk

Although there seems to be a problem with 2.3.5 it seems google have made it possible for carriers to disable mobile tethering / portable hotspots as I notice on mine I can connect to the phone but from my tablet but it is not routing to the internet so I will have to have chat with my provider tomorrow. I assume they have done this to help promote these MiFi devices that have appeared after all who would buy one of those if you can just tether your tablet to your phone for free.

Just to up date I popped into T-Mobile and asked if they could shed any light on to why I cant teether anything to my phone as when I turn on the Portable Hotspot it turns off the mobile data and it turns out you need to get a Booster to enable this and it is £5 a month, so I asked if I can add this myself from my account on the website and they said no it can only be added by either going into the a shop or by phone.

Still it is cheaper that one of these MiFi devices at £18 per month.

phil_hg_uk

Cheeky buggers making you pay extra for a standard function.

But you could buy an unlocked MIFI as a one off. They're only about 60-70 euros in the shops here.

Yes you could but you then have to pay for the data you use in the MiFi same as if you had a 3G Dongle but I have unlimited internet on my mobile phone tarrif so for an extra £5 I can connect any device I want to it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
STOP PRESS! :hello:

After chatting to Phil about his Galaxy Tab 8.9 on a recent forum ride, I decided to buy one for myself. They are still selling for £279 at Currys/PC World but their website went down yesterday. They are offering a temporary 5% discount as a way of saying sorry to would-be customers who were inconvenienced and I think this applies on anything ordered online before midnight on Thursday 26th April!

I just got a discount of £13.95, so the GT only cost £265.05 - yay!

Apply the code FIVE at the checkout.

Doseone

Guru
STOP PRESS! :hello:

After chatting to Phil about his Galaxy Tab 8.9 on a recent forum ride, I decided to buy one for myself. They are still selling for £279 at Currys/PC World but their website went down yesterday. They are offering a temporary 5% discount as a way of saying sorry to would-be customers who were inconvenienced and I think this applies on anything ordered online before midnight on Thursday 26th April!

I just got a discount of £13.95, so the GT only cost £265.05 - yay!

Apply the code FIVE at the checkout.

You've joined the 8.9 club:thumbsup: You won't regret it Colin, it really is an awesome piece of kit and I just love the size.

Top Bottom