ipads - What can you do with them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
GilesM

GilesM

Legendary Member
In all seriousness...what it does, it does very well. Great screen, great at media, app store is great. If you're in a creative industry (I'm a musician) then apple products are great. If you're not in the creative arts so much and if you're not into games, it doesn't leave much tbh!

Thanks, that seems to make sense, and I am definately not a creative person or in a creative industry, unless you include some of my explanations to customers when things don't go quite to plan.

lulubel

Über Member
the people who have bought them can't all be numpties who fall for any old marketing hype

My sister-in-law has one that she raves about, and gets out often to show people, which completely disproves your theory.

2PedalsTez

Über Member
This. One of the important things about owning Apple products is having other people know you own them.

I sat through a surreal conversation where a colleague was discussing a serious business issue with me, he the cut the conversation short and said "..anyway, enough of that, I've got an new iPad". He really has no idea how lucky he was that I didn't have a cricket bat to hand.

albion

Guru
I sat through a surreal conversation where a colleague was discussing a serious business issue with me, he the cut the conversation short and said "..anyway, enough of that, I've got an new iPad". He really has no idea how lucky he was that I didn't have a cricket bat to hand.

Me too, I often think bad grammar deserves an cricket bat.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I have one and it's an awesome piece of kit. I do everything on it. I use it for work and if can cloud base your storage it'll change the way you do everything.

I even code on it.

Norm

So if I happened to own an Apple product and have never told another living soul about it, what would that say about me ...?
It says that you wouldn't make a noise if you fell over in an empty forest.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
At work they are used as a selling tool. We use them with clients to show them photos of properties, floor plans etc.. We also have an iPad app which their property would be advertised on.
For us it's a selling tool, something that is much light, smaller and faster than a laptop.

Doseone

Guru
I hope you clean it afterwards

:eek: :laugh: Ipad + male personal pleasure device =

fleshlight-ipad.jpg

Attachments

• fleshlight-ipad.jpg
    fleshlight-ipad.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 32

PaulSB

Legendary Member
At work they are used as a selling tool. We use them with clients to show them photos of properties, floor plans etc.. We also have an iPad app which their property would be advertised on.
For us it's a selling tool, something that is much light, smaller and faster than a laptop.
I don't have one, yet, but was going to mention this. We have several sales people who visit us and have their catalogues, new products etc. on iPad. It does work very well, to be passed the iPad rather than everyone crowding round a laptop is much simpler. The sales guys say they find on the move email much simpler.

As a customer we find this excellent use of the iPad.

For myself I'm thinking if getting one for our weekly stocktake. Currently this is done on Excel run on a 4-5 year old Assus Eee. It works well but has limitations, mainly screen size and readability outside - I work in horticulture. The iPad will be considered alongside other tablets. Unsure what conclusion I'll reach.

Top Bottom