iPhone alarm bug warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Aaargh! Caught!

There's a bug in the iPhone alarm that doesn't update the time when the clocks change.
Woke to alarm this morning - did the usual morning routine, pee, shower, coffee, breakfast, pack bag, check tyres, brakes etc… …THEN I realised it looked a bit lighter than normal this morning.
Looked at the clock…#:blink: …OIK!

Where the hell did a whole hour go?
Have I overslept?

Then the dawn of realisation - the alarm in the iPhone has not updated automatically like the clock did.

When I picked up Metro this morning (an hour later than normal) , there's a whole article about it on p9.

Apparently lots of people got caught out yesterday, and the only way to fix it is to delete any alarms and to set them up again.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Useful to know, thank you!

jay clock

Massive member
My partner and I have the same basic-ish Nokia. I checked whether they were set to reset overnight and they weren't. In the mornining mine had anyway and hers hadn't.....

According to articles this bug was noticed in Australia when they changed their clocks two weeks ago !!
Apple have announced it will be fixed in November which may or may not be before it affects them on the 7th. :biggrin:
Personally I use my internal clock, it's more reliable and doesn't suffer from software upgrades :biggrin:

Top Bottom