iPhone or cycle computer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Firm Button

Firm Button

Well it’s a £300 iPhone 6s+, in a topeak waterproof case which is holding it well despite some pretty hefty bouncing and a couple of falls. So, so far so good, battery life lasts with airplane mode on, so will see how it pans out.
Thanks for the input peeps,
Steve

Spoons47

iPhone 7 screen always on, cheap Halfords cadence sensor, chest strap monitor from Decathlon. It’s a personal thing I suppose but I just love seeing all that information displayed in front of me through the strava app, then seeing how I’m doing on all the different segments. It also in no way distracts from the enjoyment of the ride, if anything, for me it enhances it. 1 hour today only used 25% battery, for longer rides will turn airplane mode on.

tom73

Guru
For me the idea of having my iPhone out front on a bike is not a happy one. One false move or something hitting it is not for me. If you are using one make sure you are protecting it well. Not all case's are the same many just don't stand up to much. Ever since i've owned on iPhone (back in the day of 3gs) and given my love of the outdoors i've used otterbox. Saved my phone many a time from damage over the year's inc the all glass backed model's. Add a good screen protecter too. Only really come into it's own once for me but saved my screen and the phone.

The new iOS 12 will also help with getting even more power from the battery once you get use to the data it provides on usage. Running on low power mode is a option use mine with it on most of time and it still work fine for me.

User66445

Handy thread - Komoot is now on my iPhone, just got back from my first outing with it. Impressive, and looks to be the app I'll be taking to SE Asia later this year. Haven't received a discount offer from them yet, though.

OP
OP
Firm Button

Firm Button

Handy thread - Komoot is now on my iPhone, just got back from my first outing with it. Impressive, and looks to be the app I'll be taking to SE Asia later this year. Haven't received a discount offer from them yet, though.
Download your local area for off line viewing and give it a couple of days, you will probably receive a discount then.
Ste e

podsquad

Well it’s a £300 iPhone 6s+, in a topeak waterproof case which is holding it well despite some pretty hefty bouncing and a couple of falls. So, so far so good, battery life lasts with airplane mode on, so will see how it pans out.
Thanks for the input peeps,
Steve
When you start to do some real distance rides the Phone battery will not last the duration, plus there may well be a time when you may need a phone to make a call but it’s been drained by GPS.

Top Bottom