Ireland.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
MDB I have to warn you, just in case you were ever considering a holiday in Australia, we have a few obnoxious twats here too.:smile:

The difference is that everyone doesn't pretend that the Australians are all unfailingly friendly and genial to a man (and woman) :rolleyes:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
...and the wolves, don't forget the wolves! Then of course there's the snakes. Also, I've heard that you can quite easily get the wrong side of a marmot if you're not careful.

Beware the Wolverine!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2rIF7qwrF10-S7GYoh_TGm3cd0WMF5dpKlJ2aqr0KcckuLYmr.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
We have more than a few over here, as well.

With organisations like the NRA, I'm not surprised! :whistle:

And then there's the language barrier.

Yes, you forget to add 'U' to words, and use hilarious terms like 'Fanny pack', don't you? :smile:

Y'all come on over, right soon, Y'hear?

Err, maybe one day, but for the moment, thanks but no thanks! Besides, after a couple of high profile mid air alien abductions elsewhere on this forum recently (The Cafe.... where else?), I don't particularly want to jump on a plane and come. Both Carl and Sara haven't quite been the same since you know! Classic 33 can back me up on this, ladies toilets and all!
So, with that, I'd need to sail (avoiding the Bermuda Triangle, of course!). :laugh:

bigjim

Legendary Member
I was born in Ireland. Still not a British citizen. My childhood was spent 50% UK 50% Ireland. The long summer holidays were all spent in Ireland.
My memories are of long hot summer days in Cavan and Navan spent on family farms. Wonderful times.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
With organisations like the NRA, I'm not surprised! :whistle:
Yepperr, they've been keeping us supplied for a good long while. I live in Illinois, the only state that does not allow you to carry a gun concealed on your person. Illinois was also the only state , for a long time, that did not allow you to have a television in the front seat of your car. By June, though, we'll have to allow permit to carry of firearms. It's a satiric situation .

classic33

Leg End Member
I was born in Ireland. Still not a British citizen. My childhood was spent 50% UK 50% Ireland. The long summer holidays were all spent in Ireland.
My memories are of long hot summer days in Cavan and Navan spent on family farms. Wonderful times.
Similar times, but in Clare(North East Coast) & Mayo

jags

Guru
on my spin yesterday around the Boyne Valley and Newgrange i got talking to a couple of American tourists ,they said they loved every minute of there trip to ireland so different from there home.
the weather wasn't an issue with them :becool: mind you its been lovely here this past 3 days ^_^another 3 days and we can say we had a beautiful summer .

The Brewer

Shed Dweller

Yep it was the 70's for me in Drogheda, not been in years, I really should do Dublin to Drogheda and back

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Ireland does look beautiful, as do the Yorkshire Dales and much of Wales and the Scottish Highlands and the Lake District. Nothing really like it, here in the States. A beauty all it's own, but on a much less accessible scale. Sometimes days of travel between attractive areas in the U.S..

Top Bottom