Irish whisky questions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
The Managing Director of my last distillery was manager of Bushmills for a while in the 1960's. He was a purist who was very hot on quality rather than getting the maximum production efficiency as the two are not necessarily compatible. Things have probably changed now as accountants take a different view and seem to have gained control everywhere.

It's the future. Money tastes great.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Very disappointing. An Irish club and only one Irish whiskey...... and that is Bushmills.
I asked "don't you have any other Irish whiskey"?
She went in search, came back and said...... "we have Talisker" :wacko:
Well they are not highly trained are they.

Slick

Guru
Very disappointing. An Irish club and only one Irish whiskey...... and that is Bushmills.
Ah, that's disappointing. Best sticking to the Talisker anyway. :okay:🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Pretty much par for the course. A leaflet produced in London by the Scotch Whisky Association showed Ledaig Distillery as being on Skye and not Mull. When challenged on this they were not concerned and took the attitude that it did not matter as Scotland was so small that it was within easy walking distance anyway.

classic33

Leg End Member
Went to an Irish Club in Liverpool that had no Guinness.
Try the Irish Club on the New York Road, leeds. Two dozen whisky's, plus other whiskey's.

SydZ

Über Member
When is the OP going to correct the spelling in the thread title?!

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
When is the OP going to correct the spelling in the thread title?!
:whistle:

The "e" thing is a relatively new convention and really only significant since about the 1960s and the drive by some distilleries to promote Single Malts.
Old labels and signs from Scotland and Ireland show a variety of spellings and labelling terms that would frankly make today's whisk(e)y marketer' head spin.

Maker's Mark (USA) have a wonderful story as to why they are the only "whisky" in their part of the world.

With so much crap on labels it's worth remembering that what's in the bottle is what's important^_^

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Outside of Islay type single malts, Jamesons is my goto Whiskey. In terms of quality, smoothness, flavour it's a steal at that price (and there is always one bottle size at a reduced per-litre price at anytime as well.
Great with just a single ice-cube and works well with mixers. Jamesons + Ginger ale + splash of Lime (Roses), being a personal fave.

Top Bottom