Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Got a fitting today and it has been a al eye opener!

The guy took all sorts of measurements (I was impressed by this for some reason!) then made adjustments to the seat (put it forward I think, down, and changed the angle slightly). It made a massive difference and got me more over the handlebars and pushing down with my feet flatter rather than my toe down. Might eventually need a longer stem and there was me saying I needed even shorter!

He also stripped the bar tape off and adjusted the angle of the gear adjustersand brought them in a bit. This also made a difference to the angle of my back/arms etc. He also adjusted my cleats as I'd just whacked them on randomly.

When in the hoods I can now actually look right up to the sky (although not a good idea as I might drive into something!) I couldn't do this before because of the angle I was sitting at.

Total cost £50 for 1 1/2 hours of fitting. Coffee was free.

It was Hooked On Cycling in Bathgate. Even though it is 20 miles away it is my new LBS - great service and felt very comfortable. Which is a first!

Seems like a great price for something that is massively going to help

Got a fitting today and it has been a al eye opener!

The guy took all sorts of measurements (I was impressed by this for some reason!) then made adjustments to the seat (put it forward I think, down, and changed the angle slightly). It made a massive difference and got me more over the handlebars and pushing down with my feet flatter rather than my toe down. Might eventually need a longer stem and there was me saying I needed even shorter!

He also stripped the bar tape off and adjusted the angle of the gear adjustersand brought them in a bit. This also made a difference to the angle of my back/arms etc. He also adjusted my cleats as I'd just whacked them on randomly.

When in the hoods I can now actually look right up to the sky (although not a good idea as I might drive into something!) I couldn't do this before because of the angle I was sitting at.

Total cost £50 for 1 1/2 hours of fitting. Coffee was free.

It was Hooked On Cycling in Bathgate. Even though it is 20 miles away it is my new LBS - great service and felt very comfortable. Which is a first!

Nick knows his stuff. I've had 2 bikes built up by him and they fit me like a glove

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
@Louch - route advice from Falkirk/Grangemouth area to Clackmannanshire Bridge. Use the A905 (Bellsdyke Road) or lanes/cycle route?
If you are coming up the a905 I Would stay on that and go over the two roundabouts, then take the first right after the services, which will take you onto cycle path. Stay on that over clackmannanshire bridge, then follow path up onto Bridge over dual carriage way.then take the left and follow farm road up into clackmannan. Stay on the road until you come back down the hill, then take the road that will take you into Alloa.

Last edited:
If you are coming up the a905 I Wouk stay on that and go over the two roundabouts, then take the first right after the services, which will take you onto cycle path. Stay on that over clackmannanshire bridge, then follow path up onto Bridge over dual carriage way.then take the left and follow farm road up into clackmannan. Stay on the road until you come back down the hill, then take the road that will take you into Alloa.

Cheers Louch

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Cheers Louch
If you want to be away from traffic, take the immediate right after you cross canal at grange mouth, amd follow that path up, you will then cross flyover bridge to get onto clacks bridge path

I'll hopefully be Arraning tomorrow, depending upon sleep quality. Have Monday off so will try to get a mix of routes in. Think that a KOM on the clockwise loop from Catacol is doable

Top Bottom