Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
May not have been the best phrasing :biggrin:

Well for those of you not on Facebook or don't already know I took Vicky away to skye this weekend, took her to the fairy pools and proposed, she thankfully said yes so we are now engaged :smile: thinking about next August as a potential date but more likely 2017 :smile:
Congratulations again! :cheers::wahhey:

Some kinda cycling needs to happen :smile: Skye blew my mind and would be a great place to cycle, the only downside is a good portion of the roads are single track or narrow
How is that a downside???

Some cars fly along the single track roads and you can't always see what's round the corner
Can't say that it's ever remotely been an issue in all my experiences of the north and outlying regions. Usually single-track roads have good sight lines and as they're usually quiet roads you can hear cars far off. If a blind corner/summit then always act as if something will come haring round too fast and you can't go wrong :okay:

Col5632

Guru
Can't say that it's ever remotely been an issue in all my experiences of the north and outlying regions. Usually single-track roads have good sight lines and as they're usually quiet roads you can hear cars far off. If a blind corner/summit then always act as if something will come haring round too fast and you can't go wrong :okay:

Tbf I've never cycled on they kinda roads really, driving the car up there would be nothing like cycling, it's a very hilly place :bicycle::bravo:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
If you start doing more cycling than your commute again, we have loads of roads like that locally

Col5632

Guru
If you start doing more cycling than your commute again, we have loads of roads like that locally

Not been on the bike since last Thursday when my tyre finally gave way and went down, away to Germany on sunday so not had the motivation to fix it or get on the hybrid :cry:

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Hi folks,

I'm finding that my riding position still feels a bit strange - I'm reaching too far (I think).

Anyway, has anyone had a bike fitting locally? (Have car, can travel^_^) I looked at Velocity 44 and notice a RETUL bike fit is £130 now, not sure if it's what I need.

Any suggestions?

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Cheers, good shout :okay:

Although, just went out for a wee test and the left hood/break lever is a bit loose. I only notice when I go to pull on them , like accelerating up a hill. Maybe it's always been like that and I've only noticed it now I've moved the handle bar?

How do I tighten that? Looks like I'd need to take the rubber bit off.

Top Bottom