Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
The P fairy turned up today just as I picked up bike to leave the house, then again just after I decided to extend my cycle and had to walk home 3 miles through falkirks dodgy bits after my pump decided today was a day off from working..........and breathe

Col5632

Guru
Back to Scotland tomorrow then back on the bike Monday :smile:

Really struggling to find cycling mojo. Didn't go to Arran last weekend, Louch has 300 miles on me and I've still got to ride a ton this month which is pretty demoralising.
I've picked up some bad riding habits from my France tour... I now find myself riding out of the saddle most of the time (although I had a very good reason for doing so on that trip :cry::cursing: )

edindave

Über Member
Really struggling to find cycling mojo. Didn't go to Arran last weekend, Louch has 300 miles on me and I've still got to ride a ton this month which is pretty demoralising.
I've picked up some bad riding habits from my France tour... I now find myself riding out of the saddle most of the time (although I had a very good reason for doing so on that trip :cry::cursing: )

I've ditched my annual mileage goals. I was getting a bit obsessed with it and demotivated, which was a bit silly since they were pretty meaningless arbitrary self-imposed targets.

You've got some more events to look forward to this year haven't you?

I've just put in for a holiday on 9th Sept - ToB stage 4 - planning to head up to the Redstone Rigg 17% section.

Congrats! :notworthy:
Now you just need aero bars and disc wheels and you can join @HLaB ... :okay:

Thanks, hopefully I'll get to have another go in two weeks time. There were a few fancy bikes and pointy helmets last night! Oh ya! Not for me at this stage though.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Few of us have that day booked off, luckily had it in before that became a massive week in current project :smile:

Ed- going by form I'll stop riding mid September, so u will end the year ahead. I'll dedicate tonight's 50km to you finding your mojo

edindave

Über Member
Few of us have that day booked off, luckily had it in before that became a massive week in current project :smile:

Ed- going by form I'll stop riding mid September, so u will end the year ahead. I'll dedicate tonight's 50km to you finding your mojo

Why? October is a mild month.

I've ditched my annual mileage goals. I was getting a bit obsessed with it and demotivated, which was a bit silly since they were pretty meaningless arbitrary self-imposed targets.

You've got some more events to look forward to this year haven't you?

I've just put in for a holiday on 9th Sept - ToB stage 4 - planning to head up to the Redstone Rigg 17% section.
Nice - looks like a cheeky climb and it will certainly be a spectacle!

I've got three sportives lined up (Highland Perthshire, Bealach Beag, and Ullapool sportive), as well as the CC Ecosse tour in a few weeks and 6 more qualification rides for the Imperial Century a Month challenge on this very website, but struggling to summon the enthusiasm for more than my oddball random'o'clock commute.

I've possibly managed to find a fellow victim participant for another Pyrenean misadventure next year so that would definitely be something major to aim for.
It's blowing a hoolie just now so will at least get a big tailwind on the ride home:bicycle:

Seriously though @Louch, it was a dick move on my part mentioning that you had 300 miles on me, for which I apologise.
It's not your mileage and consistency that is demoralising, it's the knowledge that I've still got at least six tons to do when I don't feel like turning a pedal.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
if you dont feel like it, then dont do them. you have nothing to prove to anyone. I was hating the bike at the end of June. so started doing shorter more intense rides that had me back in the house in less than an hour. now i cant help but be out every night I can. distance isnt everything. Chris hoy only used to do 1km :smile:

Top Bottom