Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Looks like a decent day today.

Where is everybody cycling to?

I've got a 46 mile sportive in 2 weeks and haven't done anywhere near that distance in ages so should really get out on the bike. Lying about all day looks good too though.

Slick

Guru

I've got a 46 mile sportive in 2 weeks and haven't done anywhere near that distance in ages so should really get out on the bike. Lying about all day looks good too though.
Kinda damp here all morning but I managed to whisk Mrs Slick to the shops and get a couple of items for myself that I was wanting for the bike. Got the car fuelled and washed in the rain to get home just in time to watch the old firm. ( I hate early kick offs) I'm pretty drained after that, so afternoon on the couch sounds about right. I tried to sign up for your 46 mile sportive, but left it too late. :sad:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow

I'd eventually got out and was accompanied by my oldest daughter,
it was short 17 but sloooooooooowish and fun.
My legs still felt the same ache after it?
It must be an age thing

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Where's everyone gone?
Still in hibernation, mate :tired: - but the clocks change soon :thumbsup: and there are rumours of >10* also !!!
Actually, I've had niggling injuries and not been riding much, then tweaked my ankle after a few 5k Park Runs ... one thing after another. :angry:

Anyway, where have you been ? :unsure: How have you been ? :hugs: What great kilometreages have you been racking up ? :bicycle: How is life in Ed-world ?

Still in hibernation, mate :tired: - but the clocks change soon :thumbsup: and there are rumours of >10* also !!!
Actually, I've had niggling injuries and not been riding much, then tweaked my ankle after a few 5k Park Runs ... one thing after another. :angry:
What is this running thing you speak of? :whistle:
Anyway, where have you been ? :unsure: How have you been ? :hugs:
Here and there! Not been up to much of late, just starting to think seriously about LEL... trust me to leave it as late as possible :laugh:
What great kilometreages have you been racking up ? :bicycle:
Had a couple of relatively big days to fulfil the bare minimum of the Imperial challenge, but not done anything I'd consider great :bicycle:

GWS Scooshie, hope you're back in the saddle/chaise-longue-with-wheels soon! :cheers:

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Just back from Watt Bike No Excuses sportive. We did the 46m in just over 3 hours.

After my first sportive, some lessons I've learned:

1. The Feed Station should be renamed Light Snack Station. I ate cake, flapjack, 2 Oreos and a coffee - nearly puked about 10 miles later.

2. Don't really need so much on board nutrition. Think I used 2 energy gels. Had loads of stuff, but Feed Stations provide ample.

3. The route setters are evil. Thought I was about to fly through Lauriston which was just as well as I was knackered. Then the route went left, and had a long climb up past prison and Shieldhill that nearly ended me. No need.

4. Do not underestimate 12 year old boys. One absolutely destroyed me. Twice.

5. Finally, be wary of communication with fellow riders, as this can cause offence. I passed a very rotund gentleman who had stopped. I shouted "I'm f****d!!!" He replied, "No, I'm not, I'm just waiting on a friend who is struggling". I wanted to go back and explain I hadn't made a judgement on his weight, but alas it was too late. The damage was done.

Well organised, well resourced, well sign posted. Highly recommend!

Top Bottom