Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Greetings all!
I am shattered: did 170 miles this week, not counting last week's commuting miles carried forward because I did not take a day off.
Went for a wee snooze with the cat, woke up 3 hours later :laugh:
Glasgow's Pedal on Parliament today was awesome, what a turnout, I was not expecting this!
Took lots of pictures but cannot upload them as an album on CC, it tells me my quota has been reached, so I posted some here on the your ride today thread.
More on my FB, plus a link to an interesting article with pictures by my pal Iona Shepard: http://pedalonparliament.org/pop-goes-large-in-glasgow/
She is a Belle, a West Coast Veloer, a professional photographer too!
It was good to see @snorri and Kim doing a double PoP.
Met @Slick and Mrs. Slick - a pleasure ^_^
My feeder ride went ok, participants, cargo bike, two wee ones, everybody made it safely to the Green, phieww, 2.02 miles :heat:
I promoted a West Coast Velo-er ride assistant and a GoBiker back marker: the West Coaster did not quite grasp his duties, as instead of shouting "clear!" at a blind bend, he was chatting with a young lass on a Next Bike :laugh:

IMG_20170423_132311457 (576x1024).jpg
IMG_20170423_133302752 (576x1024).jpg

IMG_20170423_135554613 (1024x575).jpg IMG_20170423_135305017.jpg
IMG_20170423_134908553 (576x1024).jpg @phantasmagoriana
IMG_20170423_131948099 (1024x520).jpg IMG_20170423_124807424 (1024x576).jpg
IMG_20170423_134343634 (1024x563).jpg

Pat "5mph"

great pics @flake99please

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Poor @Pat "5mph" and @snorri - they missed out on the CAKE :hungry: I was keeping specially for them after PoP Embra ... :cry:
I had seen Snorri at the start but didn't see either of you at the speech-time :sad: even though I was doing the rounds with EdFoC programmes ... :okay:

Mind you, if that is/was Pat's hair colouring ... :eek:

We'll have to arrange a more specific 'CC Meet Point' for Pop 2018 ! :hugs:

Pat "5mph"

I got my EdFoC programme from @snorri at the Meadows.
Spoke to @Telemark at the Parliament, but had seen her from afar at the start too.
I always run away when the speeches start, because by then I'm freezing!
We need to arrange a CC Ecosse summer meet :smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
Poor @Pat "5mph" and @snorri - they missed out on the CAKE :hungry: I was keeping specially for them after PoP Embra ... :cry:
I had cake from Telemark in Embra:smile:, but there was no cake in that place in the west(( :sad:.
Perhaps I failed to meet the target for flags distributed in Glasgow:rolleyes:.
Never mind, it was a good couple of days and good to meet up with other activists. I feel certain the words 'cycling/cyclists are to be heard more frequently in the corridors of power nowadays.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
A bit early for Halloween, so apologies in advance.:ph34r:

Pictured is myself (right as you look) & Gary (left of me). He had traveled over from Ireland to meet David from Laid Back Bikes with a view to purchasing a Ti-Fly. I was more than happy to assist David with a warts 'n' all owners review. He seemed very impressed with the comfort of the Ti-Fly over the cobbles when comparing with the ICE sprint which he rode along the POP route.
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 18.27.39.png

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
@flake99please - I thought that was you when I saw the photo in the PoP photo stream link:thumbsup: ...

I definitely prefer the rear suspended Fuego to the unsuspended Condor DF (both steel framed) down the cobbles ! :wacko:

Looks like an awesome couple of days were had. Well done to everyone involved in organising what must have been a monumental task :notworthy:

I hereby renounce my right to talk about road safety or call myself a cycling enthusiast :cry:

Top Bottom