Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Good News, CC Ecosse members ! :wahhey:

Both @Edwardoka and @Harry_Palmer79 appear to be alive, well and still part of CC !! :hyper: :laugh:

How's the training going, Ed ? :training: :pump: :training: Getting the miles in :bicycle: :bicycle:, getting practice at 'making do' when you've left something behind/something falls off/ bike needs serviced ? :okay:

Still cycle-commuting, Ross ? :bicycle:

Good to see you arond ... :hugs:

How's the training going, Ed ? :training: :pump: :training: Getting the miles in :bicycle: :bicycle:, getting practice at 'making do' when you've left something behind/something falls off/ bike needs serviced ? :okay:
Ha no... This pug is not for turning (pedals)

Did myself a mischief on the ICAM challenge (IT band), but even before that I wasn't getting out on the bike even a tenth as much as necessary.
At this rate Glasgow-Edinburgh-Glasgow over 5 days will be beyond me by the end of July... only self-delusion has stopped me from cancelling so far.

At low ebb, but I've survived worse!

Last edited:
Good News, CC Ecosse members ! :wahhey:

Both @Edwardoka and @Harry_Palmer79 appear to be alive, well and still part of CC !! :hyper: :laugh:

:hello:

Still cycle-commuting, Ross ? :bicycle:

Good to see you arond ... :hugs:

Likewise... doing the commute sometimes, not quite in a regular routine but hopefully soon! I did do a few weeks of a boot-camp thingummy so hopefully not lost all my fitness :training:
Looking forward to the night ride... just need to do a few longer rides so it's not too much of a shock to the system :bicycle:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Looking forward to the night ride... just need to do a few longer rides so it's not too much of a shock to the system
:bravo: :wahhey: :ph34r: :bicycle:

Assuming you are referring to the EdFoC Original, rather then the Ride to the Sun - you'll be fine - it's not a quick ride and there are plenty of pauses and a good feed :hungry: in the middle ... somewhere or other ... :secret:

Will be nice to see you again ! :hugs:

:bravo: :wahhey: :ph34r: :bicycle:

Assuming you are referring to the EdFoC Original, rather then the Ride to the Sun - you'll be fine - it's not a quick ride and there are plenty of pauses and a good feed :hungry: in the middle ... somewhere or other ... :secret:

Will be nice to see you again ! :hugs:

It is indeed the Edfoc ride :bicycle::hungry: (I need to purchase a proper front light as the one I have at the moment is a tad weedy)

In other news... my cycling shorts were worn for the first time this year :sun::heat:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Your cycling ability is never in doubt @Edwardoka.

Sometimes your 'organisational' (the term is used in its loosest sense) ability, however ... :whistle: :unsure: :scratch: :headshake:

Just get on and do it :bicycle: :bicycle: :bicycle: - you'll be fine ... :thumbsup: :hugs:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Must be something in the air - I've had a chesty cough/ sore throat over the w-e too :cursing:, so not been able to recce ride the Top Secret EdFoC Night ride. :secret:

Drove round this arvo with Mrs S. We reckon it's a really nice route too - 'mainly flat, a few lumps, no real hills' ... :whistle:

Carefully, you'll have people digging out maps and trying to work out the route... ;-)

Top Bottom