Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
Looks like Glasgow Uni have negotiated a “free” package with Nextbike. Strathclyde and Caledonian do half price subscription (£30/year).

That gives you the first half hour of your hire “free”, and then 50p/half hour thereafter,
This scared me. I have a free membership, and have never paid a penny... And i had a 6hr rental recently... better watch it and not leave it outside when in meetings.

iandg

Legendary Member
Recently applied for the Bikeability Scotland Instructor post. Hadn't heard anything from them so got in touch for feedback - apparently my e-mail did not have a covering letter or cv attached - it's there in my sent items :cursing:

Had a much better response from Cycling UK following an application to volunteer. Looking forward to meeting the South West Scotland development officer (Jeff) when I settle in the south :smile:

32160957607_9e1014cc22_z.jpg

Recently applied for the Bikeability Scotland Instructor post. Hadn't heard anything from them so got in touch for feedback - apparently my e-mail did not have a covering letter or cv attached - it's there in my sent items :cursing:

Had a much better response from Cycling UK following an application to volunteer. Looking forward to meeting the South West Scotland development officer (Jeff) when I settle in the south :smile:

View attachment 452539
Where will you be based?

FYI, should you be a visitor to the SEC (former SECC) centre you also get a free year's Next Bike hire.
You can get the code from the centre's information desk, or you can just ask me ^_^
This thread has given me an idea and I'd like to propose:
CC Ecosse do one of the Inner Hebrides on Next Bikes. We could do a hill climb up the Serpentine if we do Bute.
It's not quite the same as the "London Hire Bike Up Ventoux in 24 Hours" challenge but could be fun.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
This thread has given me an idea and I'd like to propose:
CC Ecosse do one of the Inner Hebrides on Next Bikes. We could do a hill climb up the Serpentine if we do Bute.
It's not quite the same as the "London Hire Bike Up Ventoux in 24 Hours" challenge but could be fun.
Better idea is that you choose a 70cl bottle of any Scottish spirit and see who can walk after drinking it..
It'll be easier and more fun than THAT hill on Bute....
I just casually came off the ferry one day cycled over to have a look..
'Aye' I thought then it was back to the relatively flat ride around the island....

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Looking forward to meeting the South West Scotland development officer (Jeff)
I've met him, he's ... a man :laugh:

I rode up that, with a lot of Belles, we all made it up, on our heavy bikes with massive low gears ^_^
But I had to walk back down, cannot do tight turns like that, just don't have the coordination :sad:

It'll be easier and more fun than THAT hill on Bute....
I wouldn't attempt it on a Next Bike, for sure :laugh:

iandg

Legendary Member

View attachment 452539

Had an e-mail - they have acknowledged a firewall issue and a number of applicants' attachments were removed - they are going to do an additional shortlisting.

the_craig

Über Member
So this weekend is expected to be lovely. Is anyone going out to play and if so, where are we going?

I’ve had my BB replaced and headset serviced by Malcolm over at Hamilton Bikes yesterday. So on Sunday, I’m planning on heading down to Biggar, in time for Aroma on the High Street opening for a coffee and a malteaser cake before making the turn and heading for home.

60km with some lovely scenery and even nicer cake.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
So this weekend is expected to be lovely. Is anyone going out to play and if so, where are we going?

I’ve had my BB replaced and headset serviced by Malcolm over at Hamilton Bikes yesterday. So on Sunday, I’m planning on heading down to Biggar, in time for Aroma on the High Street opening for a coffee and a malteaser cake before making the turn and heading for home.

60km with some lovely scenery and even nicer cake.
Out today but nowhere near 60, more 30 odd.
nice run up over West Glen above Kilmacolm (the easy way from the East)..
three outs this week and two fairy visits, it missed me today..

Just been informed parcel duties tomorrow plus rugby means Sunday for me but nothing exciting although planning of some time away^_^
Enjoy the cake.....

Top Bottom