Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Solripe and laterly Alpine (remember them) were wannabe scoosh makers...
there is no substitute for the Bru...

so far we have scoosh(checked with the Angus other half, means spraying)
ginger
swally
limchy
carbonated beverage (they let it go flat as Ayrshire's 1%ers don't want to be seen to fart)
Juice
slug....

there has to be tons more
If you are a Bru purist you will hate me then as back in the day I would tan 2 litres of the white label stuff every day. ^_^

bruce1530

Guru
Wham's Dram was my drink of choice in those days.....

Not heard of that for years - wasn’t there a big advertising sign as you came into Largs?

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Not heard of that for years - wasn’t there a big advertising sign as you came into Largs?
It was 40 odd years ago,
a wasted late teens and early 20s...
There was a pub next to the station, the Jubilee (something else now) which had a large sign on the south facing outside wall but can't remember if it was a Scotsmac ad, more likely the better known Brisbane Creamxx((made Lanliq taste like Chateau Lafitte)
there was also an ad board as you headed in off the foot of the Haylie Brae....
memories;)

If you are a Bru purist you will hate me then as back in the day I would tan 2 litres of the white label stuff every day. ^_^
Fiery ginger beer is my present day choice of scoosh:smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, well ....
I remember when I was told off on here for saying that I find the Bru vile :whistle:
I remember something being said, like ... bloody foreigners, they drink San Pellegrino ... :laugh:
I'm a northern islander...but I love San Pellegrino :laugh:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
If it has at any point been in contact with fruit or vegetable, it is not juice.

Controversial: I never really cared much for irn bru. The only thing worse than it was solripe's attempt at the concept.
Edit to correct further: Limeade is worse still.

I loved Barrs Pineappleade (sic) when I was a kid. Then taking the bottle back for 5p.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
24 years already. I remember getting ready for work when I heard the awful news. God bless them all.

89352170_3280034215343314_6433147924577779712_n.jpeg

Top Bottom