Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
is anyone else hungry?
Thought you only ate cake? :laugh:
I've started using one of Fubs regular cake stops^_^

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I feel like Cassandra (Greek mythology)
Folks keep reading the Sun, buying toilet paper, going out shopping with Granny hopping along on a zimmer.
In this day and in the age of internet, there is no excuse for Boris and Granny to be so oblivious of facts.
I have a twitter account only for some PR Co-op work I do, I posted that I'm from Italy, ask me anything about their situation in lock down: not one question has been asked #beinginsular
Oh, and I came across the first of "I'm not a racist but ..." related to the corona virus.
Meh!

I feel like Cassandra (Greek mythology)
Folks keep reading the Sun, buying toilet paper, going out shopping with Granny hopping along on a zimmer.
In this day and in the age of internet, there is no excuse for Boris and Granny to be so oblivious of facts.
I have a twitter account only for some PR Co-op work I do, I posted that I'm from Italy, ask me anything about their situation in lock down: not one question has been asked #beinginsular
Oh, and I came across the first of "I'm not a racist but ..." related to the corona virus.
Meh!
Yep, a combination of wildly inconsistent media messaging, total failure of leadership, widespread Dunning-Kruger effect and a misplaced belief that "everything will be alright" - people don't believe things until they see it with their own eyes or the right wing media decides that it's suddenly an issue.

This very forum is riddled with "it's just like the cold" and "it's a conspiracy" posts.

Italy and Iran have a valid reason to get caught somewhat unaware, the Chinese government was less than transparent about how the situation in Wuhan was unfolding. However, the messaging coming out from Italy has been clear and consistent for weeks now: "Don't make the same mistakes we did."

What will be the Anglophone world's excuses be for getting it so catastrophically wrong until it was already too late?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Yep, a combination of wildly inconsistent media messaging, total failure of leadership, widespread Dunning-Kruger effect and a misplaced belief that "everything will be alright" - people don't believe things until they see it with their own eyes or the right wing media decides that it's suddenly an issue.

This very forum is riddled with "it's just like the cold" and "it's a conspiracy" posts.

Italy and Iran have a valid reason to get caught somewhat unaware, the Chinese government was less than transparent about how the situation in Wuhan was unfolding. However, the messaging coming out from Italy has been clear and consistent for weeks now: "Don't make the same mistakes we did."

What will be the Anglophone world's excuses be for getting it so catastrophically wrong until it was already too late?
I can't help feeling that Boris is more concerned about the economy than caring for the people. Old cynic that I am.

Fubar

Guru
Do you mean before or after?

BOTH!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
For anyone passing through Glasgow centre, my friend found all the major city supermarkets fully stocked, earlier this afternoon.
Meanwhile, here in Rutherglen (I know Toryglen Asda, Victoria road Lidl are the same), empty shelves, not a loo roll or a tin of tomatoes to be found.
I wanted a bag of bread flour: nothing in Tesco Burnside or Aldi Rutherglen.
The local Home Bargains, forget even entering it, the queue is massive.
Six months from now, homes with deceased single occupants will be opened:
the corona virus ravaged body will have to be dug up from underneath 1,00000000 unused toilet rolls :whistle:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Hi folks:hello:
Hope all the merry band north of the border are safe:okay:
(and even those outwith)..
If you are front line, stay safe and thanks for doing this...

I'm seeing numbers out exercising growing each day.
Maybe it'll start a trend?
I'm doing a shorter than normal loop (myself:okay: I'm really Bobby No Mates anyway:blush:)

I'm resisting the need to use the turbo thingy in the garage:laugh:
Stay safe, folks

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Hellllllllllllllllllllo, Scotlaaaaaand:hello:
Hope all are #staysafe:okay:

Out on my 'One a day' and
killed two birds with one visit..
Got my chocolate Egg and got my bidon filled..
buckieburn.jpg

Top Bottom