Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
I've got to cycle a 16 mile round trip every day ^_^ to attend hospital.
My treatment started on the first day of lock down, Tuesday, finishes in 3 weeks.That's my cycling sorted!Other than that, I'm a hermit :angel:
Hi Pat, Just a note to pass on my best wishes.
I'm sorry I missed your post at the time and have just spotted it this morning.
Snorri xx

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Signed :okay:
Keep Safe and Healthy Everyone! :bicycle:
I've even been out on my bike
radler.gif
for the last 4 days in a row !!! :wahhey::wahhey:

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I thought you may like to know that at least one pop up bike lane has been formed. I would love to see a lot more but maybe it's a start for now, even if it is just one way.

View: https://twitter.com/GlasgowCC/status/1261612507111854080?s=20

snorri

Legendary Member
I thought you may like to know that at least one pop up bike lane has been formed. I would love to see a lot more but maybe it's a start for now, even if it is just one way.
I'm pleased to say that Highland Council have plans for works in a number of Highland towns, displeased by my councillor who didn't respond to my letter on this subject.

Slick

Guru
I'm pleased to say that Highland Council have plans for works in a number of Highland towns, displeased by my councillor who didn't respond to my letter on this subject.
That's good but bad you didn't get a reply. I'm doing the same with my councillors to try and do my bit for East Ren but not holding my breath although they have said they are looking at it. Apparently the mechanism is there to double the funding if all councils use the initial 10 million so the potential is there.

Slick

Guru
@Slick it's good to have that lane, note though that after the Hydro it's better to take the roads, because social distancing on the NCN as far as Partick is impossible.
Yeah, I wouldn't really fancy using anything other than the roads for now Pat. My thinking is all the more reason for more of these pop up lanes and a bit more joined up thinking as to which routes. Far from ideal for the moment but who knows, some of them may stick.

Fubar

Guru
Good morning all! How are we all doing? Decided to pop in for a nosey as it is quiet at present (bank holiday), hope you are all keeping safe and well during these "interesting" times...

Did a wee Round the Forth yesterday which reminded me of my first ever CC ride, I think it took us all day! My wife asked me who I was riding with and I told her it was a few blokes off the internet that I'd never met... :ohmy: look where that got me ^_^

Anyhoo all good here in Fifeshire, doing the Zwift thingy so just working out whether to sign up for the "Build Me Up" training plan - could be a sore one :cry:

Top Bottom