Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Got a new hand pump from santa, the topeak race rocket HP pump...got cav`s book plus David walshs book inside team sky....The girlfriend also got me a book about the Alps, we are heading to Annecy next year on holiday so she got me a book to do some research...

didn`t want much as am getting a giant TCR comp 1 after the new year

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I bought cavs book last week, felt like he was hiding real problem at sky, as it just being them going or yellow and not green seemed a little trivial in his first year thereto be why he left. Imagine you will get more from Walsh book.

Two of the jackets from that place in falkirk for me. Was just getting ready to go on bike, but stubbed my toe yesterday, and when I put cycling shoes on was agony, so going a short run instead. Off until 6th so will get out a couple of rides. Hopefully have my bike 4th or11th :smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Not 'liking' you stubbing your toe :B) (wrong smiley, too:tongue:), only the rest of your post... Hope it'll be back to normal for when the new bike:hyper:arrives ...

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:rolleyes: A very Scottish hazard ...
Wouldn't have that problem over here :biggrin:.

Been for a wee ride again to blow the cobwebs away, still + degrees here, and rain now that the Foehn wind has stopped keeping it away. Hope it either turns to proper snow soon or else goes away ...
Hope you are all enjoying your pressies, looks like there are lots of cycling related ones... I got a new bike computer, the old one died a while ago. My Falkirk jacket is great, should really test it inthe rain, but it's starting to get dark now, and I've not got any lights (that's my excuse anyway :tongue:).

T

Brandane

Legendary Member
Scunnered with this weather now :sad:. Was hoping to do some one way wind surfing today since it's not too wet, maybe Largs to Glasgow then train home. Checked with Scotrail - no trains, and the replacement buses are a PITA IME, even without a bike!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Been out braving the elements, a just over 20ml ride from home to Morrisons, Johnstone then back via Route 75. Some on road but mostly blown about the cycle track. Hairy in bits.
The Mhor is not aerodynamic.
Big shout to the dozen or so cyclists out on the same track.

PS. If it was you, I was the big orange 'snail'....

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Day off today, really need to get my head in gear, do some stuff instead of frittering time away on the net :laugh:
Jump on the bike to the shops???
Do I really need to?
Well done @Bobby Mhor !

Thank you, @Pat "5mph"..
I was getting stir crazy...

I hadn't been out in a wee while plus I needed 15 ml for my yearly total :bravo:...
I picked (luckily) the best part of the day, the wind , the sleet, the driving rain, the cup of coffee waiting on me as I stepped in the back garden plus enroute encouragement from my youngest...... Endomondo has its benefits

I went into Dales today as I had seen the advert for their sale on Facebook. I had been thinking about replacing my Genesis Flyer with a Hybrid for the commute and they were advertising their ex-hire bikes (Specialized Globe Works) for £200, but I wasn't that enthused by them up close... So, I wandered about for a while and ended up plumping for one of these (I got it for £340 instead of £400 as it was in the sale, picking it up on the 4th of January) :hyper:
http://www.dalescycles.com/2014-specialized-sirrus-p8310
http://www.dalescycles.com/2014-specialized-sirrus-p8310

Top Bottom