Irresponsible Scout Leaders blocking cycle path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Cannot believe what I'm reading on here , is it a joke post :laugh: . Seriously !!!

Drago

Legendary Member
And he nearly made it across the Irish Sea in a VW Beetle. He'd kick Bear Grylls arriss any day. He's so manly I feel proud to have the male chromosomes.

Going back to the cycle path blockers, it would surprise me not if their day jobs are making the foul new Lucozade orange.

The military family is a small place. Everyone knows everyone, or knows someone who does. The word I get back is that he's a nobber, whereas Peter Duncan was in Flash Gordon, and is therefore cool as.

You should see the appearance fees he charges for performing his function as Chief Scout!

[QUOTE 4846864, member: 259"]Blimey. In his role as a scout or as a private person?[/QUOTE]

Former

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
There is a 25 metre prosecution limit before the CPS will run driving other than on a highway through court. In addition, you need a witness or CCTV who save the vehicle being driven - it could be 50 miles from the nearest road and quite obviously not air dropped into position, bit you still need a human or technical witness to prosecute.
Is there really no way to deal with this sort of shoot? Isn't it highway obstruction? Again, I don't see arguing there are other lanes as a good excuse because the police turn up fairly soon when someone leaves a vehicle blocking one carriageway lane of a non-clearway section of A10, despite there being other lanes people can use... but block a cycle track or lane and suddenly there's tons of reasons not to act. :sad:

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 4846864, member: 259"]Blimey. In his role as a scout or as a private person?[/QUOTE]

its not him you are paying. its the scout association.

he turned up at a tuff mudder for the scouts last year unnanounced and was a thoroughly decent down to earth bloke.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Is there really no way to deal with this sort of shoot? Isn't it highway obstruction? Again, I don't see arguing there are other lanes as a good excuse because the police turn up fairly soon when someone leaves a vehicle blocking one carriageway lane of a non-clearway section of A10, despite there being other lanes people can use... but block a cycle track or lane and suddenly there's tons of reasons not to act. :sad:

Well said. I get berated for moaning about cars and a mini bus blocking a segregated cycle lane (apparently 'kids having fun' can be used as a universal excuse). I'll bet as soon as I cycle on the pavement, I'll get nicked. Rules for some, other rules for others, eh?.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
what number did you call?

(and no, you almost certainly won't get nicked for riding on the pavement)
Our local rag like to demonsie cyclist for riding on the pavements. So I don't. I just expect that segregated cycling facilities are not used as a free car park, possibly by people who moan about cyclists on pavements:blush:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom