Irresponsible Scout Leaders blocking cycle path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Well, it would be great if your local police have the resources to attending parking incidents in the evening.
It's highway obstruction, not a farking "parking incident". Please stop being the irresponsible motorists' friend.

I bet they respond to cyclist-on-the-pavement calls after 5pm (and probably before) either.
I'd bet they respond to cyclist-on-the-pavement calls after 5pm in the similar way they respond to people turning up at evening meetings to complain about largely fictional cyclists on pavements - by holding a crackdown on an unrelated group of cyclists at a different time in a different area and quite possibly where cycling is permitted. One of my colleagues walked an officer to the end of a street through the pedestrian zone to show them that the previous "no vehicles" sign had been replaced by "no motor vehicles" before they agreed not to issue a fine!

OK.

But my local police don't have the resources to respond when the "obstruction on the road" is a person with a head injury, and 10 members of the public are directing traffic to prevent south west London being gridlocked, then I'm guessing Swindon don't have the resources for an obstruction that can easily be got around on the adjacent roadway.

That doesn't mean it's ok, but literally thousands of things that are not ok do not get police attention because there is more important things going on.

Edit: and if Swindon police do have the resources, then can we move some money from them to the Met?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That doesn't mean it's ok, but literally thousands of things that are not ok do not get police attention because there is more important things going on.
Of course, but that doesn't explain the priority given to minor crimes committed by cyclists. Those get police attention and well-publicised crackdowns (such as cycling on footways) while crimes committed that disadvantage cyclists (such as parking blocking cycle tracks and lanes - in the case of cycle tracks, also hindering people in wheelchairs, mobility scooters and so on) rarely do.

And as mentioned, a traffic car turns up reasonably promptly in most places where the obstruction in the carriageway can easily be got around using the adjacent roadway. Sorry you had an exception.

Edit: and if Swindon police do have the resources, then can we move some money from them to the Met?
Get the Met to put their council tax up if they need more money. There looks like enough expensive houses in London to fund it.

classic33

Leg End Member
its not him you are paying. its the scout association.

he turned up at a tuff mudder for the scouts last year unnanounced and was a thoroughly decent down to earth bloke.
It was himself that got the money. Scout Association aren't too keen on his abuse of the posistion of Chief Scout, doing this.

I've met Garth Morrison, a previous Chief Scout, a few times. Whilst he was Chief Scout.

Tim Hall

https://theknifepoint.me/category/uncategorized/page/11/

Not the one seen, gerber seem to be missing the page.
The article there seems only to talk about profits from flogging his branded knives, nothing about appearance fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom