Is £30 to put 2 sides of bicycle brakes a rip off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
@Fuutarou.
Hi again, please don't take this as a dig or an insult towards you, but i think your cycling enjoyment would be greatly enhanced if you took some time learning about the basics of bicycle maintenance.
Changing brake cables and replacing tyres etc is simple work you could do to keep your bike running smoothly. It's also quite enjoyable too ,putting some time aside tinkering around with your bike on a wet evening like tonight. It will also save you fair bit of money in the long run to, as opposed to taking it to a bike shop every time something trivial goes wrong. Learning to fix and maintain your bike will also save you the inconvenience of having to take and book your bike in to bike shop who are by all accounts very busy in the current times, which mean you may have to wait for them to getting round to fixing yours.
Also with having a knowledge and understanding of your bike, it will give you the confidence to know that if you get a puncture ect mid ride, you know you can sort it out without being stranded.
Bicycles are relatively simple machines to maintain which is part of their appeal to people who use them (and not like a car for instance) but like anything mechanical, they do need to be maintained.
Thankfully though most mechanical issues are easy fixes that can be quickly and cheaply resolved if you have an hour to spare in the evening after work. Buy a book or look at the many of thousands of you tube videos on how to fix your bike and go and have a go at doing it yourself. If the worst comes to the worst and you get into a pickle I'm sure a bike shop would be more than happy to help rectify it.
Enjoying cycling is not just about cycling. It's also about keeping them maintained and having the satisfaction of knowing you can do the basic jobs yourself.
All the best to you and hope you get your bike sorted so that it's safe to use and enjoy.

And who is prepared to own complete responsibility for the minor adjustment for the rest of his or her life.
[/QUOTE

, i have no idea but thats because I never mentioned lifelong responsibility, but you already knew that when you typed the smart arsed reply,

Crazy idea i know but i meant perhaps to give the op a few pointers , but lately helping people out seems to be out of fashion

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Looked at this thread a couple of days ago.

Don't have time to read the intervening war and peace but guessing the answer is still "No"?

It would be easier if there was .
If @Fuutarou was near to me under normal circumstances I would be happy to try and help or suggest a lbs to use .
So come on guys who live in the big smoke offer some guidance

I have suggested similar in a couple of threads but always get replys like post 108 in this thread , I dont know whats wrong with folk lately

I have suggested similar in a couple of threads but always get replys like post 108 in this thread , I dont know whats wrong with folk lately
I think the OP lost the room after berating a good Samaritan for incorrectly pumping up a tyre.

OP
OP
F

Fuutarou

Regular
I will just ignore the bad, wind up, troll and rude comments. Talk about yourselves.

Anyway guys, I brought the bicycle to the bicycle shop today, the owner say I can collect it at Saturday but after a while he asked me will you be around today, I said yes, and he said he will do my bicycle today and call me today. I waited until 6pm with my clothes(I FEEL LIKE BEING HONEST, STRAIGHTFORWARD, BLUNT AND EXPRESS THE DETAILS BUT NAH LEST TROLLS AND WIND UPPERS ATTACK ME AGAIN)
and HE DID NOT CALL ME AT ALL! It is disrespectul, rude, impolite and not courtesy and nice to contact your customer and let them know a change when you tell them you will call them and they can collect a bicycle on a particular day. I will be patient and wait for him tomorrow and see how it goes.

I went with general service and brake pads for £60(Normal price: General service £40 and brake pads £25) Is this price normal, fair and reasonable?

classic33

Leg End Member
I will just ignore the bad, wind up, troll and rude comments. Talk about yourselves.

Anyway guys, I brought the bicycle to the bicycle shop today, the owner say I can collect it at Saturday but after a while he asked me will you be around today, I said yes, and he said he will do my bicycle today and call me today. I waited until 6pm with my clothes(I FEEL LIKE BEING HONEST, STRAIGHTFORWARD, BLUNT AND EXPRESS THE DETAILS BUT NAH LEST TROLLS AND WIND UPPERS ATTACK ME AGAIN)
and HE DID NOT CALL ME AT ALL! It is disrespectul, rude, impolite and not courtesy and nice to contact your customer and let them know a change when you tell them you will call them and they can collect a bicycle on a particular day. I will be patient and wait for him tomorrow and see how it goes.

I went with general service and brake pads for £60(Normal price: General service £40 and brake pads £25) Is this price normal, fair and reasonable?
Last point first, Yes.

As for not being contacted, many bike shop's are giving priority to front line workers. Easy to understand, and I don't think anyone would object to them doing that. My local one is giving priority, and I can understand why if my bike was in for service and someone who was front line came in later in the day, with a problem, theirs would be placed ahead of mine.

Top Bottom