Is £30 to put 2 sides of bicycle brakes a rip off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Touché! Chapeau!

I will just ignore the bad, wind up, troll and rude comments. Talk about yourselves.

Anyway guys, I brought the bicycle to the bicycle shop today, the owner say I can collect it at Saturday but after a while he asked me will you be around today, I said yes, and he said he will do my bicycle today and call me today. I waited until 6pm with my clothes(I FEEL LIKE BEING HONEST, STRAIGHTFORWARD, BLUNT AND EXPRESS THE DETAILS BUT NAH LEST TROLLS AND WIND UPPERS ATTACK ME AGAIN)
and HE DID NOT CALL ME AT ALL! It is disrespectul, rude, impolite and not courtesy and nice to contact your customer and let them know a change when you tell them you will call them and they can collect a bicycle on a particular day. I will be patient and wait for him tomorrow and see how it goes.

I went with general service and brake pads for £60(Normal price: General service £40 and brake pads £25) Is this price normal, fair and reasonable?
That's is a reasonable price for someones labour. Hopefully you've got a good bike shop who would rather take time and do the job properly and not rush something unsafe out the door. Sometimes when you start a service you find a new problem which means things take longer or he hit unforeseen supply problems or things are incredibly busy at his shop as they are at most lbs during these times. Turning it round for Saturday is good for a shop at the best of times. Good luck :okay:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Typical "customer from hell" springs to mind..

Yep, that's pretty much my conclusion. if you've got plenty of work coming in from easy to deal with customers, why would you want to bother with the ones who are going to query everything, ask loads of silly questions, and be a general pain?

OP
OP
F

Fuutarou

Regular
Last point first, Yes.

As for not being contacted, many bike shop's are giving priority to front line workers. Easy to understand, and I don't think anyone would object to them doing that. My local one is giving priority, and I can understand why if my bike was in for service and someone who was front line came in later in the day, with a problem, theirs would be placed ahead of mine.
It is easy to understand but the point is IF THAT is the case or whatever the reason for not calling me, I would appreciate if the owner or shop could at least contact and tell me the reason why he did not contact and why can't I collect my bicycle on that particular day and what is the new date I can collect my bicycle. That is good manners and at least the customer knows everything that happen. You may be shy, reserved, not outspoken and maybe ok with assumptions when you have problems instead of settling them but some people on the other hand would like the owner/shop/place to let know them reason for change, why they did not contact and everything is happening and so they have peace of mind.

OP
OP
F

Fuutarou

Regular
That's is a reasonable price for someones labour. Hopefully you've got a good bike shop who would rather take time and do the job properly and not rush something unsafe out the door. Sometimes when you start a service you find a new problem which means things take longer or he hit unforeseen supply problems or things are incredibly busy at his shop as they are at most lbs during these times. Turning it round for Saturday is good for a shop at the best of times. Good luck :okay:
I comprehend but I wish at least the shop staffs would let me know the reason for change, why could I not do something they say at a particular time and everything happening so I KNOW. Some people keep thinking, worry and are anxious and troubled when the relevant people don't let them know in these specific situations. Are you ok and if they let you know what is happening they let you know and if they don't let you know what is happening they don't let you know every time you face these bicycle situations?

OP
OP
F

Fuutarou

Regular
Have you called the shop to ask when you can collect your bike?
No I did not. I am waiting for the owner to call me and update me why did he not call me yesterday, when can I collect my bicycle and everything from the time I woke up until now.

Top Bottom