Is £30 to put 2 sides of bicycle brakes a rip off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I suspect the bike shop has sold the OPs bike and will claim it was never brought in. Hope OP has receipt for dropping it off...

OP
OP
F

Fuutarou

Regular
Ok guys put aside war, I called the owner and he said he will give me a call when it is done. He did not "something"(I could not hear what he say clearly) me yesterday because he could not finish the work he was doing yesterday. Don't judge and condemn me. This is new to me. I don't know whether it is normal and not bad manners for some bike shops to not contact a customer and let them know of changes, emergencies or anything when there are.

Thank you to everyone who give me good, encouraging, strengthening, supporting. aiding and admonishing answers!

Last edited:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I’m a bit confused by I waited until 6pm with my clothes? :scratch:

Are you in the habit of waiting without your clothes?

Could cause quite a stir at customer service I suspect?

OP
OP
F

Fuutarou

Regular
I waited in my sweating clothes and feeling hot walking back in the morning from the LBS until the evening at home, did not bathe and wash my clothes. That's why this is 1 more thing that affects me and makes me tired, frustrated, upset, unhappy and disturbed. I think I should not too easily believe what people say(Whether it's a bike shop, business or anyone) Sometimes they say they will do something for you on a specific day but they don't do it(Whether it is intentional, accident or any reason)

:wacko::wacko: have i somehow wondered into the twilight zone :wacko::wacko:
1611326010805.png

keithmac

Guru
I waited in my sweating clothes and feeling hot walking back in the morning from the LBS until the evening at home, did not bathe and wash my clothes. That's why this is 1 more thing that affects me and makes me tired, frustrated, upset, unhappy and disturbed. I think I should not too easily believe what people say(Whether it's a bike shop, business or anyone) Sometimes they say they will do something for you on a specific day but they don't do it(Whether it is intentional, accident or any reason)

That is genuinely weird..

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've got to walk back from the MOT station next week, I'll probably be a bit sweaty as I'll have to be back for a 9am meeting so will be walking briskly, but I wouldn't be worrying about getting a shower and washing my clothes just because of a slight sweat whilst I await the car to be MOT'ed - it will be done some time that day. I won't be awaiting the garage owner to call me to update on progress. He's not the most chatty person in the world and is a bit awkward, but they always do a good job - customer service ain't great.

This is a very strange thread.

Top Bottom