Is £30 to put 2 sides of bicycle brakes a rip off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
Have you had a full 12 months extension?.
Yes now on my second 6 month, theres no mot tests been done in N/ireland at present , no idea when they will open again?

Come on guys cut @Fuutarou some slack.
I don’t know her position at all for all we know
She might be awaiting asylum and therefore unable to work and has to live on £37/week. Was reading an article in cycling plus about Bristol bike coop and how they help mobilise the demographic with bikes and this was mentioned.

classic33

Leg End Member
Come on guys cut @Fuutarou some slack.
I don’t know her position at all for all we know
She might be awaiting asylum and therefore unable to work and has to live on £37/week. Was reading an article in cycling plus about Bristol bike coop and how they help mobilise the demographic with bikes and this was mentioned.
We did, and if you view her other thread, £2 on basic lights was expensive, but a £50 lock, that someone else could buy for her, was considered OK. Despite one half the price being recommended.

keithmac

Guru
Can someone pay my mortgage?.

Love these posts! Everything’s a ‘rip off’! Read the OP and a couple in the middle, then the last few - how do they keep going for so long? What is it with people? Are cyclists worse than ’normal’? Think I read on one of the forums about someone who complained about about a shop that stayed open so that he could collect a brake cable, then moaned that it turned out to be 50 pence dearer than he could have bought it on the net - absolutely bloody hilarious!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Hang on you took your bike to someone to pump a tyre up ? Why ?

A di**head colleague i used to work with took his new C2W bike back to Halfords, and kicked off because they told him the warranty doesn't cover flat tyres. Somewhat astonished, i asked him the same question... and somewhat swearilly, he described a huge chunk of glass that was stuck in his tyre :eek:

keithmac

Guru
Do you have to put up with this sort of thing working on motorbikes?

Yes we do, luckily in the minority though!.

I've personally had "my tyre is worn out, is it covered under warranty" and same again with punctures!.

I've done jobs where the customer is happy to pay whatever it takes to get the bike right, most customers are pleasant and easy to deal with.

Then there's "those" customers, take longer dealing with them than doing the job itself..

My mate said it won't take you long, he'd have done it himself but just doesn't have time..

Top Bottom