Is 100 miles a week a lot?

Is 100 miles a week cycling a lot in your opinion?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
I average just over a 100 mile a week communting and its not the distance that troubles me its the lumpy bits (8x 700ft) that make me tired. (Big lad in need of less lardy bits, I'm working on it honest)

deanE

It's what I aim to do every week.
+1

matthat

Über Member
I used to do 60-70 miles a week commuting then I'd go and 30 or 40 miles on my day off which was the norm and not a problem! Now my commute is only 4 a day and not 12 a day I'm struggling to get the distance in so now 100 feels a lot!!

As people have said, it's down to the personal level of fitness. For some of the people on my shift, it would be unthinkable. For others, it'd be a challenge but they'd do it, and for some of us, it'd be less than normal! So far this set I've done 94 miles in the last four days :smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

As people have said, it's down to the personal level of fitness. For some of the people on my shift, it would be unthinkable. For others, it'd be a challenge but they'd do it, and for some of us, it'd be less than normal! So far this set I've done 94 miles in the last four days :smile:

For me time is the main restricting factor, 100 miles a week is about all I have time to do, if I tried to do more on a regular basis it would impact on the other things in my life.

outlash

also available in orange
I think if you're happy with the mileage you do, then I don't it doesn't matter what others think IMO.
I only get out at the weekends due to work and family and if I get out Saturday & Sunday, I'd do 60-70 miles (20-25 solo on Saturday, 40-45 on my local CC run) so for to do 100 a week would be great for me. Not happening this week though as I've got a stinking cold :sad:.

Tony.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
100 miles is a lot more than i do , but its not a lot use to do 100+ on a club run many years ago

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
When I was in full time work I found that 100/week was difficult to fit in - family and stuff to fit in too. Winter time in particular was impossible with dark nights so it tended to be a ride at the weekend (not a 100 miler). Not enough really. Compensated a bit in summer by getting more rides in but a 5200 mile year would have been unusual. Now that I'm retired I'm regularly riding 150/week. However I'm not doing very much of anything else :sad:

Top Bottom