Is CC becoming a victim of its own success ? ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Happiness Stan

peanut said:
I'd be interested to see if there are any other CC's that are getting thorughly fed up with the non riding section of CC that seem bent on disrupting every thread with their stupid flaming.?

Was it ever thus?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Happiness Stan said:
Was it ever thus?

Err, truly sorry, but I don't think so at all.

And I have no idea who Peanut's 'non-riding section' are (apart from just being a convenient label for people who annoy him - which seems to be a lot of people!). There's one or two people I can think of here who don't cycle that much and they are generally quite polite.

I have six bikes and I don't drive at all. I've commuted for years, toured, been a club rider, done sportives, raced XC and more.

But you know what? I find talking about just cycling a bit dull! (collective intake of breath...)

However, believe it or not, I find other cyclists to be generally more interesting, articulate, educated, polite and open-minded than most, so talking with other cyclists about politics, music, and all kinds of other stuff, whether it's just casual conversation or a more intense discussion, is... really rather agreeable.

Bandini

Flying_Monkey said:
However, believe it or not, I find other cyclists to be generally more interesting, articulate, educated, polite and open-minded than most, so talking with other cyclists about politics, music, and all kinds of other stuff, whether it's just casual conversation or a more intense discussion, is... really rather agreeable.

I have found that - certainly on this site. There is the odd ill informed bar room bigot, but I enjoy listening to their bollocks. Very entertaining.

Which is why I love this site:

www.ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com

Sorry - forgot how to do links, so you will need to input it.

Flying_Monkey said:
But you know what? I find talking about just cycling a bit dull! (collective intake of breath...)

Exactly my feelings. I was on a lorry drivers' forum before I registered at C+ (as it was then) and the quality of the discussion outside of lorries, jobs etc. was sometimes dismal. It's much better here.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bandini said:
Cheers Panther. Is there a site that I can go to, that you know of, so I can relearn how to do it? I used to have a template that I cut and pasted into.

You type:

{url= then your web address, then } then the word you want displayed, then {/url}

only replace the curly brackets with [ ] and take out the spaces

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Bandini said:
I have found that - certainly on this site. There is the odd ill informed bar room bigot, but I enjoy listening to their bollocks. Very entertaining.

Which is why I love this site:

www.ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com

Sorry - forgot how to do links, so you will need to input it.

I visit it regularly to remind why I never bother visiting Have Your Say. It's funny until you realise these are real people who really think these things, and probably spend a lot of time thinking them...

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Rhythm Thief said:

I just highlight the word I want to become a link, then press the insert link button (the one that looks like the Earth behind a chain link icon) and enter the URL into the drop box that appears.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Panter said:
I just highlight the word I want to become a link, then press the insert link button (the one that looks like the Earth behind a chain link icon) and enter the URL into the drop box that appears.

Oh well, if you're going to go and tell people the easy way...

I just do it the way I do, because that's the one I learned, and I can be a bear of very little brain sometimes...

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Panter said:

wooo hoo that works, why am I so surprised? It has only taken me two years to get the hang of that. Thank you Panter. :smile:

The "other way" seems so much more complicated. :eek:

Top Bottom