Is CC becoming a victim of its own success ? ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Wigsie said:
Can we keep ethnicity out of this for a change Arch? :biggrin:

Is that flaming?

I thought it was an injection of lighthearted banter but apparently it's now called flaming.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
TBH this thread is the first time I have ever heard the term....

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Along the sames lines as Arch has suggested, I think people can easily get bad-tempered at this time of year, or perhaps they are not as patient as they would normally be. If you add in other reasons for people not being their usual more easy-going selves, like injury, illness, worry about family/friends and job security, it is not surprising that the posts get critical/dismissive etc.

If you were face to face with someone under those circumstances, you might more easily realise that they were generally upset/angry at other things and not just at the previous poster.

I am strongly of the opinion that at difficult times of the year/other difficulties, to put it in the vernacular, "cutting some slack" is needed, on both sides. I do hope you understand what I am trying to explain.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
yello said:
XmisterIS, I believe it is that kind of comment that peanut is talking about. Ask yourself, in all honesty, how does it help? It only fans flames and there really isn't a need to do that.

Peanut posted a concern he has and wanted the comments of others. He didn't ask to be ridiculed or belittled. I think people have expressed similar concerns in the past (not the same one, but similar) so it's not unusual. I'd hold my hand up as someone that has voiced about CC not being exactly as I'd want it. But therein lies a part of the problem, and I realise it.... it's not my forum. So the problem's not the forum's, it's mine. I'm looking for too much.

So I need time away from CC now and again. It's not my one-stop shop and never will be. I'd agree with others, taking a break helps. Lowering your expectations definitely helps! And I genuinely mean no slight by that! :smile:

I do post facetious comments sometimes (well more than sometimes!) because I like to take the mick in a light-hearted way! I mean nothing evil by it. You'll notice people taking the piss out of me too and it doesn't bother me - it makes me laugh.

I do confess though that I will mercilessly rip the p1ss out of anyone. Just ask my mates in the real world! They take the p1ss out of me too, but we never do it in a nasty way. The trouble is that the intended tone of "I'm just messing with you" doesn't come across on the internet.

So if I have got your back up in any way Peanut and you do feel bullied by me, I wholeheartedly apologise :biggrin:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
C'mon fellas, why don't we all 'chill out' a little ?

We (broadly) have a common interest in cycling; it is hardly 'worth' falling out over peripheral differences.

Why don't we try focusing on exhibiting a bit more goodwill all round :biggrin: ?

pubrunner said:
C'mon fellas, why don't we all 'chill out' a little ?

We (broadly) have a common interest in cycling; it is hardly 'worth' falling out over peripheral differences.

Why don't we try focusing on exhibiting a bit more goodwill all round :smile: ?

Indeed!

Let bygones be bygones and let's get this bygone section up and running! :biggrin:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Arch said:
An age thing? My dear, I'm 40. Does that make me a young whippersnapper?

In relation to me, you are a young whippersnapper.

Those heady carefree & reckless days of being 40.

I'd love to be 40 again; or 41, or 42, or 43 . . . . . . .

At least I've still got my own hair and teeth ! :smile:

It was gently suggested to me recently, that I get a hearing aid :biggrin:

Hmmm.... just got back from taking a turn on one of the astronomy forums - where I've been rounded upon by one of the admins for being a wee bit 'out of line'.

I.e. complaining. :biggrin:

Count your lucky stars, CycleChatters everywhere!

pubrunner said:

At least I've still got my own hair and teeth ! :smile:

It was gently suggested to me recently, that I get a hearing aid :biggrin:
Ditto (*contemplating the impending big six-oh*)

Noodley

661-Pete said:
Hmmm.... just got back from taking a turn on one of the astronomy forums - where I've been rounded upon by one of the admins for being a wee bit 'out of line'.

I.e. complaining. :smile:

Count your lucky stars, CycleChatters everywhere!

<groan> :biggrin::laugh::smile:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'd always imagined that the FNRttC threads would consist of worthy advice about tyre tread and lights. Instead of which they're about a bunch of friends rabbiting on about nothing much.

Which is fine.

Not sure if this should be in 'site feedback' but is the locking/unlocking/deleting what caused Wigsie's new post yesterday to pop up in the middle of the 'tree' rather than at the bottom below some older posts?

Arch

Married to Night Train
pubrunner said:

At least I've still got my own hair and teeth ! :rolleyes:

It was gently suggested to me recently, that I get a hearing aid :rolleyes:

If I wanted to, I could read that as suggesting that I don't....;)

I do, honestly. In fact my hair, carefully styled to look like brillo pad most of the time, is a right nuisance, as everyso often I have to endure a trip to the hairdressers to keep it out of my eyes....

Top Bottom