Is cyclechat bad for your health?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
PassiveAgressiveOP alert

Alan O

Über Member
Curious OP. I've used a lot of forums (on all sorts of topics), and I rate this one as one of the friendliest. Sure, some people get a little too aggressive/childish/annoying sometimes (as happens wherever humans congregate). But the moderators are responsive to reports of disruption, and I think they have the balance of intervention about right.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
The trouble with most social media is the written word does not match the spoken word and is too easily taken the wrong way. I would say that I lean towards the caution side of commenting mainly because using this sort of media you really do not know the mental health state of the person you are interacting with and ultimately I wouldn't really want to add to any personal problem a person may or may not have. This can really apply to both modding and user interaction IMO.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If I wouldn't say it to your face I wouldn't post it on here. A simple rule that works for me, keyboard warrior I ain't.
Indeed, sometime i might poke a little bit of fun at people but i do try to keep it the spirit of things and only to those i hope/know dont mind .Personal attacks take it to far ,

Attachments

• internet-tough-guy-300x227.jpg
    internet-tough-guy-300x227.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 45

Slick

Guru
I hope i havent offended anyone , if i have im sorry .
I'm sure you would have heard by now if you did.

Drago

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5147424, member: 43827"]The forum has got a lot less nasty after some of the worst culprits left in a hissy fit at the end of last year.

Sometimes the moderation of the forum can appear a little too anodyne, but this is the internet which seems to bring the nasty side out of many people too easily, so on balance I prefer the new style of moderation.

If I want a real argument with real people I can get that down the pub or rejoin the Labour Party.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the fence. On the one hand, it is puzzling when posts are deleted, not because they breach any identifiable rule but because someone somewhere simply doesn't like it.

On the other, i don't take it personally. It's not my forum and if Shaun wants to delete posts that's his right.

So I try and stay between those two lines of demarcation. Sometimes unsuccessfully, but I try.

Slick

Guru
I'm on the fence. On the one hand, it is puzzling when posts are deleted, not because they breach any identifiable rule but because someone somewhere simply doesn't like it.

On the other, i don't take it personally. It's not my forum and if Shaun wants to delete posts that's his right.

So I try and stay between those two lines of demarcation. Sometimes unsuccessfully, but I try.
I'm a b8t like that. I did have a couple removed last week, but once I contacted the mods and explained they were reasonable enough and reinstated them. It came with a warning, but that's fair enough too, I reckon.

Slick

Guru
[QUOTE="Slick, post: 5146610, member: 48545"]I tend to agree with much in what you say, some threads do seem to go downhill rapidly on here [/QUOTE]

Told you. :okay:

Top Bottom