Is it a he or she? - I have never been so offended!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Just pootling along and I come to a stop behind a taxi with two other taxis parked either side of me.

I overhear the taxi on my right talking about my camera to the taxi on my left. The taxi on the left then corrects the taxi on the right and says "Its a she". I look at said taxi driver and she says "Sorry, just correcting him" to which I reply "Well it is a he actually".
She is then very apologetic and continues apologising as i ride away. I just tell her it is alright.

I didnt hear any conversation that ensued after that between the two but I was just laughing to myself all the way home.

I have been criticized in the past for looking too 'young' but never been called a WOMAN!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If you insist on going out like this what do you expect.^_^
TT.jpg

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Maybe you should wear certain red cycling shorts and make it easier for people to tell ;)

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have had people comment on my videos mentioning "She said this..." and "She didnt do anything...". I just thought that was because I have a high pitched voice, not that I actually look like a woman!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Don't worry - my colleague, who I've worked with for the past 7 years, mistook me for a woman at work this morning. And I was in full lycra, camo l/s base layer with a 'heart & lungs' jersey on :eek:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Wow, where do you work that allows such a dress code?^_^

I'm a university lecturer at Leeds Met. No 'official' dress code - someone else in the office wears Hawaiian shirts and beach shorts for pretty much all his classes.

Mind you, 10 minutes later and I'd changed into a suit - although a previous lecturer didn't bother changing out of his lycra, which was always 2 sizes too small. He was young, thin and had classes of 90% female students though.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Matt, when I was young I had long hair and on a couple of occasions I got taken fro a girlie, once by someone behind me and another time when it was dark and I was in silhouette.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I'm a university lecturer at Leeds Met. No 'official' dress code - someone else in the office wears Hawaiian shirts and beach shorts for pretty much all his classes.

Mind you, 10 minutes later and I'd changed into a suit - although a previous lecturer didn't bother changing out of his lycra, which was always 2 sizes too small. He was young, thin and had classes of 90% female students though.
Sounds like a good way to keep any unwanted advances away. I personally don't think lycra actually looks good on any one. If one has a perfectly toned body then Lycra can look less bad but never, imho, good. It is acceptable to wear purely as a utilitarian garment. That is it.

Top Bottom