Is it illegal to pretend to be a medical pro (even online)?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Looking for the Sky ride info in my area (which still hasnt been updated on their site :blush:) I came across this in google:

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/CYCLISTS-CITY/article-2325158-detail/article.html

Now what strikes me is a commenter on there called Rob, claiming to be an ambulance man or paramedic. I have known a few - worked at a hospital for 14 years even in catering you get to know these people and the wonderful mentality they posess. This guy however comes across as childish and ignorant:

Hmm.. seems his comments have been removed. :biggrin: Anyway.. well the question still applies - is it illegal, even online? I know pretending to be a cop or a doctor gets you in trouble but this has made me wonder.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
No I’m a brain surgeon

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm a gynaecologist. You can always tell this when you see us decorate our living room through the letterbox.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Who was the chap came on here (or was it C+?), claimed to be a paramedic, and some had doubts about....

longers

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Who was the chap came on here (or was it C+?), claimed to be a paramedic, and some had doubts about....

Didn't he end up faking his own death or something daft like that?

Bayerd

Über Member
PaulB said:
I'm a gynaecologist.

I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll have a bl00dy good look...

In reply to the OP, surely anything ontinternet is viewed as utter b0llocks isn't it?

I wouldn't worry...

Well I don't think it's illegal to offer medical advice and not tell someone that you're not medically trained. Over the years, I've taught myself a reasonable amount about the effects of various drugs and comibinations of drugs, various conditions. I know I can give better advice on these drugs than some doctors, because I've been given very bad advice on them by doctors myself! I know it's bad advice because I've researched into specific drugs a fair bit, for years.

So yeah nothing wrong with giving advice as long as you don't say you're medically trained but if he's saying he's a paramedic and giving medical advice, that's another matter.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think on the Evening Post site I wouldn't believe anything they say ... there is at least one other that claims to be a fireman as well. I think they use it to make themselves seem more important - and they tend to the ones frothing at the mouth spouting anti-cycling garbage.

PaulB

Legendary Member
ComedyPilot said:
I've met a few ladies who pretended to be nurses.

Oooh, I love it when my wife dresses up as a nurse. And then goes out to work as one. Brings in a handy salary, she does.

swiss_flag.gif

cat3.jpg

'nuff said!

Top Bottom