Is it Just Me Or...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
I think its a good thing that people can drop in and ask a question, and get some advice, they don't have to take it or continue posting, but for a new or less competent cyclist/mechanic we are a good resource, they just have to decipher the advice given and make the decision of what is good and what is bad.

Pedals are a popular subject especially "what clipless pedals should I buy" I always tell them double sided Shimano SPD MTB style on all bikes, this is the best advice they can have, of course IMO, but they will get other replies and have to make their own mind up, I am not bothered if they don't reply, they have probably fitted Shimano SL (other brands are available) for the pro look, and fallen over while tap dancing in their shoes and banged their head resulting loss of memory, forgetting they had ever posted on CC.

Last edited:

Mr Celine

Discordian
Newbie joins ProductChat and asks 'What is the best XYZ'.

What they actually want to know, or what they meant to ask, is 'What is the best XYZ for me in my current situation'.

They didn't ask 'What was the best XYZ for you in your current situation' but that is the basis of most of the replies that they get.

The few helpful posts asking for the further information necessary to make a sensible reply are lost in the background or the OP has already left or tried ShinyNewThingChat due to the avalanche of contradictory and confusing replies offered.

This forum is no different to any others in that regard.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Chris S

Legendary Member
Is it Just Me Or...

are all the young ladies pierced nowadays?

k.jpg

Top Bottom